Community Issues (823)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Our Editor John Inglis

Dear All, I have just heard through The Hampton Society that our Editor John Inglis has been very ill. I think he is through the worst, bu…

Started by Bryan Alderson B.E.M.

2 Oct 24, 2009
Reply by paul johnston

HPN Team

Yellow Lines

I know that I am not alone in being infuriated by the proliferation of yellow lines in Hampton (especially the double yellows...) which see…

Started by Amanda Hunt

12 Oct 12, 2009

Academies

As most, if not all, of you will be aware the formal consultation exercise is currently underway regarding turning HCC and Whitton School i…

Started by Gareth Roberts

0 Sep 29, 2009

HPN Team

Farewell to the Oak Avenue Chicane

It looks like the council has decided to get rid of the chicane in oak avenue, so cars going towards Hanworth will no longer have to queue.…

Started by paul johnston

1 Sep 24, 2009

World War 2

Hello All, Seventy years ago today France and the UK decleared war on Nazi Germany. Six years of War was to follow. I remember it well and…

3 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Bryan Alderson B.E.M.

HPN Team

Noticed anything different?

One of the good things about being based on a service like Ning is that they are regularly looking to improve things. Two things about the…

Started by paul johnston

0 Sep 11, 2009

Alan Turing Enigma Codebreaker

Good afternoon all,I see Gordon Brown has apologised to Alan Turing the Bletchley Park codebreaker. But did you know Alan Turing lived on t…

1 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by paul johnston

Keys Found

Hello I found a set of car and house keys on Ormond Avenue today (station rd end). They are for a Pergueot and have a distinct key ring. P…

Started by Chloe Weir

0 Sep 10, 2009

HPN Team

Hampton Foundit guide - fame at last!

As you may have noticed, this year's Found-it Guide is in the process of being distributed. It contains lots of useful information, but eve…

Started by paul johnston

0 Sep 8, 2009

Wheel Clamping

Sir, I have just read about the lady who had her car clamped in Hampton Hill. Can anybody tell me why it is that Government and Councils al…

0 Sep 6, 2009

RSS

© 2017   Created by paul johnston.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service