I suppose I would like a response from Gareth.  What is happeing in this area that you cannot travel around.  I realise that they altered the road works along the A308 to coincide with half term, which I agreed with, as seemed ridiculous to put it next week. Yesterday no one was allowed down the  turning into Church street, today they could although not the R68 and no traffic lights. Today traffic lights appeared. I met a friend from Teddington today, we tried to get home, what a laugh.  We stood waiting for buses, well I got a 111 and it took me 50 mins from Kingston to Hampton.  She gave up as her bus to Sandy Lane Teddington was nowhere in sight.  She travelled yesterday and Isleworth have road works, as does Teddington.  My son told me Twichenham as bad because of 'works.  Ok it's a half term but we all have to move about, can't they stagger these dam road works that are bunging up the whole area.  I am cold and annoyed, from the time I stood at the bus stop it took me over an hour from Kingston to home,we should have done out first choice and got the train.  We didn't though, and our point is why all this upheavel at the same time that is grid locks getting anywhere. All I did was meet a friend for lunch I did expect to be longer travelling than our actual meet

Views: 612

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

should have proofed again it should have said 'All I did was meet a friend for lunch and did not expect to be travellig longer than our actual meet',heavens still cold and have been in for 40 mins

Hope you have warmed up now Janice, sounds like you had an ordeal.

I could've flown to Manchester in the time it took to drive from Esher to Hampton this afternoon (nearly hour and a half) - ridiculous!

Thank's Kelly I have thawed out now.  Yes  heard the road from Esher to Hampton was bad as well, that's the same road works, stopped doing the 'island' and started the pedestrian crossings, then down to the water works hey ho that's life, but it seems all over the borough.  Can't move car tomorrow pm as football match - will have to chance the bus again lol

I've been going round to be honest, so via Teddington to Kingston and via Walton when going Esher way, bit slower but not too bad, so far for my self it's been fine driving back from Kingston.

Buses though I can well believe where truly messed up, seen loads of them in groups of 3 or more, which is never a good sign!

Hello Janice

Yes I agree it's been difficult. I'll raise it with officers tomorrow and find out if there were any special circumstances which exacerbated the problem

Hi Gareth

As far as I can find out from other people is that wherever one travels there are road worls, I thought it had been brought in by the Government that each utility has to talk to each other to cause the least disruption.  Unfortunately as you know we rely toally on bridges to mve around this area.  Why do the works on the A308 at the same time as the zebra crossing at HC roundabout, and before the water works, they were actually doing the HC roundabout which looked lovedly after the olympiccs, that could have been left alone.  Why was Church Street closed off?  I have not travlled through Hampton Hill for some weeks to collect g/son as it was quicker to go the long way round up to Apex corner and then through to Twickenham.  A few months respite from works would be absolutely amazing

Jan

Where does the money come from for A. removing the roundabout  at Hampton Court, B.replacing the same with a lower lawned roundabout, C. removing the perfectly adequate lawned roundabout and finally D. replacing the aforementioned with a pseudo cobbled roundabout? Who runs/ruins this Department,

Will it be....The Council?

Will it be ....Transport for London?

Will it be ....LOCOG?  

Will it be ....Someone Else?

Will anyway take responsibility?

yours sincerly

A Band E Community Charge Payer

I believe the answers to A & B areLOCOG as they responsible for going and the replacing of the same, so in efect C should come under that as well.  Acutally I liked the green lawn look, and the roundabout appeared a lot safer to me as one could see over the roundabout rather than (coming from Kingston in rush hour especially) dicing with death because of the blind spots there were with the old tall one and I am sure - should ever the road be back to normal - it will help the traffic move easier.

Like you it would be nice if someone answered your question who really knows.

Olympic money, to all, much like taking the speed bumps off BoxHill and lovely smooth surface and then bumps back. 

Bill Rosborough said:

Where does the money come from for A. removing the roundabout  at Hampton Court, B.replacing the same with a lower lawned roundabout, C. removing the perfectly adequate lawned roundabout and finally D. replacing the aforementioned with a pseudo cobbled roundabout? Who runs/ruins this Department,

Will it be....The Council?

Will it be ....Transport for London?

Will it be ....LOCOG?  

Will it be ....Someone Else?

Will anyway take responsibility?

yours sincerly

A Band E Community Charge Payer

Just touching on why the flat, lawned roundabout can't stay. We're informed by council officers that a large consideration was the ongoing costs of maintenance - cheaper in the long run not to have the grass. Cuts rule out cuts, you might say!

Gareth

Such a pity!  I had suspected this might be the case, but this is one site where I would have hoped aesthetic considerations might have outweighed financial ones - this is, after all, right outside one of the most well-known and frequented tourist attractions in the world.  There have always been safety considerations around landscaped roundabouts, but cones can be put out on the infrequent occasions when maintenance is required (as presumably was the case previously).

I await with some interest (and trepidation) to see what beautification can be achieved with concrete!

Gareth Roberts said:

Just touching on why the flat, lawned roundabout can't stay. We're informed by council officers that a large consideration was the ongoing costs of maintenance - cheaper in the long run not to have the grass. Cuts rule out cuts, you might say!

Good evening. I totally agree with the above.  I haven't been up to HC since Sunday, but work seems to have stopped, the funny shaped bricks appear to be finished with earth still in the middle, my reaction to my son and grandson was, to the large orange piece of pipe sticking out of the middle, they must be planting a tree.  It has to be attractive and now we can only hope that the powers to be will keep it low and attractive. I said to my son, as I have on here, it was dangerous before as you couldn't see the flow of the traffic from one side of the island to the other.  His response was then it slowed everyone down to make sure, not really you can either just go forward and chance your luck or guess the safe distance that you can see from the traffic on the other side.  But then I am a mere woman lol  Anything that is 'green' will need nurturing - so why not cut the grass, it would really only be a 10 min job, once a month would do, as it's smaller than my lawn and I do that in 15 mins.  Where is ther practise that everytime we concrete something over we are upsetting the atmosphere and pollution is worse? To me grass would not only look better but would help the general atmosphere.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service