Hi All, Each year I send my two daughters the same Christmas card, with a first class stamp. A bit larger than the norm but not massive. This year both had to collect their cards from their local sorting offices and each pay £1-8p. The annoying thing is I always keep a supply of 'Large Stamps' I just did not think a Christmas card would need one. I hope none of you have been caught out. The moral of this story is 'Do not send anything above a normal size envelope without a 'Large Stamp' A Merry Christmas to you all and a Prosperus New Year. Oh, and John I hope you are well on the mend. Yours aye. Bryan

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Christmas to you too, Bryan. Poor old Post Office they are in a right mess, but I agree that making postage a nightmare of complexity was probably not the right way forward!
Having a friendly face in the local (Station Road) post office would be a help too...I virtually never go there due to the unfriendly reception one receives there....and I am not alone in my views!
Hi Amanda,

Whenever I go in there I try to look on the funny side. My wife and I always remark on how much they must enjoy their work. During the war that whole area was raised to the ground by a very large Greman bomb. Come back Adolf all is forgiven!!! A happy new year to you all. Regards. Bryan.
Oh I don't know, Amanda. Whenever I go in there I usually get quite cheerful service, a quick enquiry about how business is and sometimes an ask after my children who they know by name (probably as a result of me barking 'Lucy! Lucy! Put the comics down')

Amanda Hunt said:
Having a friendly face in the local (Station Road) post office would be a help too...I virtually never go there due to the unfriendly reception one receives there....and I am not alone in my views!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service