Just a quick note to say that TfL have launched a further consultation on their plans for Crossrail 2. Personally, i'm very pleased to say that their proposals confirm plans for Crossrail 2 to come through Hampton station, providing an additional 2 trains per hour into Central London.

They will retain the existing SW Trains services, so there will be 4 trains per hour in peak times into Waterloo, with a further 2 Crossrail services heading via Victoria. In off-peak, there will be 2 trains to Waterloo, and 2 Crossrail. It's not clear whether the current (dismal) one train per hour Sunday service will be changed. It appears that there will be some station upgrade work as a result, but i'm not sure if that will be at Hampton.

One thing that isn't addressed, is whether changes will be made to the level crossing. With 6 trains per hour in each direction during peak times, there are likely to be extremely troublesome traffic issues generated by the Crossrail 2 services.

You can read about the plans for the Shepperton branch here:

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/crossrail2/october2015/user_upload...

Just a shame it won't be finished until 2030!

I would urge residents to respond to the consultation praising/raising concerns as and where appropriate.

Views: 1457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed today with the increased downtime of the crossing, the traffic situation isn't helped by the allowing of 4/5 cars to park without restrictions on Oldfield Road immediately outside of Waitrose. Installation of double yellow lines on this small section of the Waitrose side of the road might also create a safer junction and help with the movement of the larger lorries.
Agreed .
It's basically the perfect storm with the fact the train crossing down because trains are delivering commuters home (myself included) who all get in their cars to drive home or are crossing on foot and most of them nipping to waitrose for supper. The cars parked where you're talking about mean only confident drivers go down with someone coming the other way so there's then a massive queue and small amounts of rage from all sides. I think easing traffic flow there would at least help reduce some of the problem

Bill Rosborough said:
I noticed today with the increased downtime of the crossing, the traffic situation isn't helped by the allowing of 4/5 cars to park without restrictions on Oldfield Road immediately outside of Waitrose. Installation of double yellow lines on this small section of the Waitrose side of the road might also create a safer junction and help with the movement of the larger lorries.

Pah, if this gets permission then you ain't seen nothing yet....

http://www2.richmond.gov.uk/PlanData2/Planning_CASENO_NoIndex.aspx?...

Commuters!  Anyone would think your a new phenomena, you create the problem then complain about it!

jen said:

Agreed .
It's basically the perfect storm with the fact the train crossing down because trains are delivering commuters home (myself included) who all get in their cars to drive home or are crossing on foot and most of them nipping to waitrose for supper. The cars parked where you're talking about mean only confident drivers go down with someone coming the other way so there's then a massive queue and small amounts of rage from all sides. I think easing traffic flow there would at least help reduce some of the problem

Bill Rosborough said:
Ermm no need to be inflammatory Ian cook..people have to work and lovely as Hampton is it can't provide paid employment for everyone. Also...I didn't complain..I just agreed with bill that his idea might help a little bit.

Ian Cook said:

Commuters!  Anyone would think your a new phenomena, you create the problem then complain about it!

jen said:

Agreed .

Bill Rosborough said:

Inflammatory: Tending to inflame: kindling passion, anger, etc. Maybe not quite the right choice of word.

I just made a comment about commuters and one that so many people are expressing as Hampton is deluged with them every morning.

Sorry if it upsets you!

You are being inflammatory as evidenced by the above. I thought this was meant to be a friendly forum.

Ian Cook said:

Inflammatory: Tending to inflame: kindling passion, anger, etc. Maybe not quite the right choice of word.

I just made a comment about commuters and one that so many people are expressing as Hampton is deluged with them every morning.

Sorry if it upsets you!

I am not a commuter.
I've never suggested that commuters are responsible for the congestion in this area, who knows the vehicles could be owned by residents
I merely expressed an opinion on the traffic difficulties which are commonplace at this junction.
#like..

Bill Rosborough said:
I am not a commuter.
I've never suggested that commuters are responsible for the congestion in this area, who knows the vehicles could be owned by residents
I merely expressed an opinion on the traffic difficulties which are commonplace at this junction.
Completely agree with you Jen - this is supposed to be a friendly forum, and I posted the information initially just to let people know that there was a route by which residents could contribute their views on the level crossing and train service.

Ian - i'm afraid to say that all the comments you've made have been borderline rude, and quoting dictionary excerpts isn't particularly helpful - if I were in Jen's shoes I would be rightly offended.

It sounds like we're all in violent agreement here - there should be some effort made to tackle parking and congestion issues in Hampton, particularly around the level crossing and on the side streets around Waitrose, Hampton Junior School etc.

Jen, Chris, I'm sorry if I have offended you or anyone else it was not my intention to do so nor be rude.  I was simply looking at things from a different perspective.  

I too was a commuter, my journey started at 06.00 with a 20 minute walk (no buses, no parking) to the station, a 60+ minute, standing, train journey into Kings X, underground to Green Park and a further 20 minute walk to the agency for 08.30. If I missed the train I was an hour late.  I then moved here, and from then on never really understood why people complained about getting to work, I thought I was in nirvana! 

I expect one of the cars outside Waitrose is mine, in the morning all the roads in Hampton just fill up with cars which are left all day, and residents are simply bullied out the way. This is a problem at most stations just inside the boundary of zone 6. For years people here have been arguing for the zone to extend to Shepperton, this would in part solve the problem, leaving the car at home and walking would be another.

Any further crossing downtimes, if you are not a commuter, will only make things worse for everyone else.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service