We've experienced low mains water pressure a few times lately - shows up by our electric shower refusing to heat up because of insufficient flow. Has anyone else been noticing it. We live in the Holly Bush Lane area close to Percy Road?

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi There, Yes, we live in Cleveland Avenue, yesterday the pressure was very low for a time. I am about to fit a mains booster pump.  Cost about £200 plus fitting. Hope this helps.

Yes, I am on Holly Bush Lane and have also noticed the low pressure. I too have a pump for the shower. However, sometimes it's a trickle from my kitchen tap!
No problems here, we are in Gloucester road and it works fine and has to get up 3 floors.
Evening All

I have also noticed this too, nothing to worry about just Thames Water doing some maintenance. Bryan what pump are you looking to fit as £200 for a mains booster seems very cheap. Let me know if you need someone to fit it for you

Kind regards

Sam

Hi Sam, Thank you for your reply, My pump is a Stuart Turner Flo-Mate 465574. The best price I could find online was from Fountain Direct £185.14 plus £10 postage. I have seen the same pump for over £500. My plumber is doing our bathroom, but I think my mate needs a plumber I will give him your telephone number if you let me have it. Rgards. Bryan.

Sam Sparks said:

Evening All

I have also noticed this too, nothing to worry about just Thames Water doing some maintenance. Bryan what pump are you looking to fit as £200 for a mains booster seems very cheap. Let me know if you need someone to fit it for you

Kind regards

Sam

When I lived on Percy Road our water pressure was fantastic during the day, but at exactly 23:15 every night it dropped to a trickle until the early morning, as if someone turned off a pump somewhere. Thames Water were "investigating" it as they'd had complaints from others - that was 10 months ago, they never fixed it and I've moved now.

That's a great price Bryan, my number is 07940 590 535

Thanks

Sam

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service