Is Hampton Post Office, Station Road,  perhaps the worse post office in London for customer service? I am shocked by the way I was spoken to and basically ripped off, by not being given a quote to send an item next day delivery until all the labels had been printed and the letter was flung into the bag behind the counter. Of course, he refused to give me back my letter and demanded the amount. Asked him why he didn't quote me the price before proceeding and was told, that I didn't ask the price of a 1st class stamp, an additional item I was purchasing!  

I have had the displeasure of being served by both these men and each time I come out seething at how impolite and appalled by the level of CS. 

Have made a formal complaint to the PO and will be looking elsewhere to buy my postage stamps in future!  Its scandalous that there are some great people out there that would love to run such a business but instead, it is been taken care of by these two extremely rude and unpleasant individuals.  One more customer they have lost, and judging by Google Reviews, i am not alone in my viewpoint. 

Views: 2385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was in the other day when an American tourist had been in to send some postcards home. He asked me if all shopkeepers in England were so rude!

update:

I complained to the Post Office complaints department and their response was sadly lacking. I believe that they've had so many complaints about the hampton post office, they have just given up. A copy and paste of their response is below;

Dear Mr Scanlan,

Thank you for your email.

It may help if I explain, all Post Office photobooths are operated by Photo-Me International (PMI).

I have checked our records and I can see that this is not a PMI photobooth and would therefore be operated by the retail side of the premises. I therefore recommend that you contact the retail premises manager directly in relation to this matter and I do hope that the above information helps you.

If you need further help please feel free to get back in touch. 

Please reply via customercare@postoffice.co.uk as a reply sent to any other email address will not receive a response. 

If you need any further help with Post Office® products and services you can access information at www.postoffice.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Joshua Bradshaw

Customer Service Advisor

It's basically fobbing me off, and the whole purpose of the outdated photo booth is to make money from unsuspecting customers.

I couldn't believe this manager was so arrogant, rude and dismissive about anything that he might believe is what customer service is all about. 

jen said:

I was in the other day when an American tourist had been in to send some postcards home. He asked me if all shopkeepers in England were so rude!

I stopped using this P.O years ago. The older man /the owner has a habit of short changing and is very arrogant when he is confronted. Service is something they simply do not understand. I use Hampton Hill P.O. which I trust is still friendly since W.H.SMITH  took over. A neighbour needed passport photos recently and had climb over boxes to enter booth and the results were very poor. The machine should be removed as it is not fit for purpose along with the staff for the same reason. There must be plenty of people who could run this business more efficiently particularly since so many post office branches are being forcibly closed. Since the P.O.co don't own this photo booth the manager/owner is fully responsible and as such should be made too remove it forthwith since it does not work properly and is frequently surrounded by stock and parcels. Do we need to wait until someone has an accident.

I will be going to Hampton Hill P.O from now on. Yes your right, and I totally agree that someone else could easily run this P.O. so much more efficiently. 

Steph B said:

I stopped using this P.O years ago. The older man /the owner has a habit of short changing and is very arrogant when he is confronted. Service is something they simply do not understand. I use Hampton Hill P.O. which I trust is still friendly since W.H.SMITH  took over. A neighbour needed passport photos recently and had climb over boxes to enter booth and the results were very poor. The machine should be removed as it is not fit for purpose along with the staff for the same reason. There must be plenty of people who could run this business more efficiently particularly since so many post office branches are being forcibly closed. Since the P.O.co don't own this photo booth the manager/owner is fully responsible and as such should be made too remove it forthwith since it does not work properly and is frequently surrounded by stock and parcels. Do we need to wait until someone has an accident.

Update 17/02/2018:

I re-complained about the Hampton P.O. response saying that this was not good enough, I'll take this as a win over the Hampton post office, my advice to anyone who finds themselves in this situation is to complain and re-complain if they are not satisfied with the response the complaints department give. Their response is below;

Dear Mr Scanlan

Thank you for your email dated the 16th February 2018. I am sorry that you were not happy with the previous response you received from us, and the service your son received regarding the photographs. I would like to assure you that the situation you have described is not what we wish our customers to experience. 

Your comments have been logged and noted regarding the Manager for the Hampton Post Office branch.

I can confirm that a record of what customers tell us about their branch is kept on our system, and analysed to help us monitor on-going performance and to improve the service we provide both locally and across the network. In the meantime, a Payment Letter to the value of £5.00 will be sent to you by post as a gesture of goodwill to cover the cost of the photographs.

The Payment Letters can be exchanged for cash at any Post Office branch.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you and your son have been caused.

If you need any further help with Post Office products and services, you can contact us by email via: customercare@postoffice.co.uk

You can also access information at: www.postoffice.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Clive Robson

Customer Care

Textphone: 03457 22 33 55 (For the deaf and Hard of Hearing)
Email address: 
customercare@postoffice.co.uk

Philip Scanlan said:

update:

I complained to the Post Office complaints department and their response was sadly lacking. I believe that they've had so many complaints about the hampton post office, they have just given up. A copy and paste of their response is below;

Dear Mr Scanlan,

Thank you for your email.

It may help if I explain, all Post Office photobooths are operated by Photo-Me International (PMI).

I have checked our records and I can see that this is not a PMI photobooth and would therefore be operated by the retail side of the premises. I therefore recommend that you contact the retail premises manager directly in relation to this matter and I do hope that the above information helps you.

If you need further help please feel free to get back in touch. 

Please reply via customercare@postoffice.co.uk as a reply sent to any other email address will not receive a response. 

If you need any further help with Post Office® products and services you can access information at www.postoffice.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Joshua Bradshaw

Customer Service Advisor

It's basically fobbing me off, and the whole purpose of the outdated photo booth is to make money from unsuspecting customers.

Its hard to beleive that since I posted my experience some time ago, no effort has been made to either retrain these men in customer service. They almost take a pleasure in being as unpleasant as possible. I will be posting further comments on Google and writing to the PO once again to see why they are turning a blind eye.  As stated there are so many polite and decent people around, why should these people have the right to insult and short change their customers.  I am sure there are a lot of people who are not quite so forthright and may take huge offence and possibly take the experince to heart and wonder if they are in the wrong, before recognising what a dreadful service this post office offers to its paying customers. I personally have not used it for years due to this situation. 

I do believe that something will be done, it's just a case of contacting the P.O. complaints department via their website, as much as I hate to say it, but, by harassing the P.O. complaints and keep sending in the complaints on a regular basis, they will eventually send in a undercover shopper, granted that may not bare any results, as I'm sure the manager would recognise someone from out of town. But it is important to keep the pressure on them to do something about our local P.O. or it will just get forgotten, like the saying goes, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

When I told the manager the other day I will complain to the P.O. his response was 'Good, do it, they won't do anything'. Well, they did and they are. They will log every complaint as they stated in their email to me, maybe they are building a case against the manager to oust him from that position, I couldn't say for sure, but it's an action that would be well over due in my opinion. I've only lived here for the last year and a half, and luckily I've only needed to use this post office twice, but both times I've had a very poor experience.

I will make a conscious effort to use the Hampton Hill branch now. I will never use the Hampton branch unless there is a change to a new manager. To be honest, I really don't know how he has lasted this long? surely his business has taken a big financial hit over the years.

Hannah said:

Its hard to beleive that since I posted my experience some time ago, no effort has been made to either retrain these men in customer service. They almost take a pleasure in being as unpleasant as possible. I will be posting further comments on Google and writing to the PO once again to see why they are turning a blind eye.  As stated there are so many polite and decent people around, why should these people have the right to insult and short change their customers.  I am sure there are a lot of people who are not quite so forthright and may take huge offence and possibly take the experince to heart and wonder if they are in the wrong, before recognising what a dreadful service this post office offers to its paying customers. I personally have not used it for years due to this situation. 

I use that post office, ok the booth has been useless for years and my last passport pic was refused that was 8 years ago.  I would tread carefully though, as we do not want to lose this amenity and the man that owns it has not been well and is trying to sell it. I get my cash from there and of course stamps, yes they can be miserable but on the whole I do get on with them.  I would hate to see the PO go, if they get rid of the sorting office, which is definitely in the wind, then maybe we could get our undelivered parcels sent to the PO, can't do that if it's closed down

A good number of years ago I went to this post office to post a parcel. I need a little bit of tape to attach something - maybe about 2cm's worth. The guy asked if I needed a bit of tape - thinking he was being nice I said yes, and he just pointed at a £4 roll of sellotape for me to buy.

Lets just say I refused, took the parcel home, and taped it myself. Have never been back since, and have no intention to.

What's the point in a local post office, if local people don't want to go to it? It might as well not exist.

Whilst clearly he has a lot of people's backs up, just because you have time / capacity to go elsewhere doesn't mean everyone in the village has. Elderly folk / people with young kids / less abled etc. Janice is right.. we should be grateful we have a post office and be careful in case it closes and turns in to more housing or an estate agent!!! (Clearly the fit for purpose issue on the photo booth is crap still).

Iagree, we don't want to lose a post office but clearly something has to be done about the treatment of its customers. Does anyone know who the owner is and has he or she been contacted about the staff they have entrusted. I assume the two men in question are just employees and have no actual ownership of the shop? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service