I have received from Helen Donnelly, Environment LBRUT a number of new planning applications for the Hampton Riviera, it would seem that they are a mix of retrospective and new.

The owner, M. Djurberg, doesn't bother with planning consent, he has done exactly what he has wanted to do and now applies for planning permission. He clearly sees nothing wrong in removing, from 'us', our historic amenities for his own personal use and gratification.

Here are the links to the Planning Applications:-

http://www2.richmond.gov.uk/PlanData2/Planning_CaseNo.aspx?strCASEN...

We have very little, if any, of the River front at Hampton left for us to use, the boat people at St Alban's Riverside, the creeping Thames Voyages and Hampton Riviera formerly Hucks Boat Yard, if it isn't stopped now it will be gone forever!

Views: 15401

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks very much Gareth for this snippet of information.

Gareth Roberts said:

Hello Ginny

Funnily enough I checked with the planning department about the court date just earlier today had this response.

"Yes, the hearing has been set for 20th October 2014.

The court number and hearing time will be made available on the Administrative Court Daily List at http://justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/hearing-... after 2.30pm on the working day before the hearing.

Members of the public are welcome to attend, although they will be unable to make any representations"

I think I may be able to get down and, if there's a verdict I'll do a live update from the court

Ginny Hattersley said:

This morning at 8.15am whilst driving my daughter to college, I noticed that Hampton Riviera were taking delivery of more equipment as a low loader braked suddenly in front of me, put his hazard warning lights on and caused all the vehicles behind me to grind to a halt.  Seeing that he was simply unable to pull across the road to park up and offload, he continued around the roundabout at Hampton Court to come back down the road in order to make his delivery.

On my return to Hampton at 9am, the traffic was slow going past the Hampton Riviera as there were no less than 11 vehicles, of varying sizes, including the low loader parked up on the single yellow line.

Anyone able to give an update as to whether the planning applications have been granted, or whether the development is continuing to expand regardless?  I was initially pleased when the boatyard was sold and the building works began but not to the extent that the riverside is now being spoilt in the process.

Can the council not put some sort of restraining order on this guy ? I hate to say this but Health and Safety looks like an issue, if boat users cannot safely navigate the reduced channel.

Hello Sue

I don't believe they can. The navigation issue would be applicable if the Environment Agency believed there was a compromised position however I understand that they think everything is fine regarding navigation

As I've said before, the Council would dearly love to be able to take decisive action but they have to act within the law. If they put a foot out of step then they could let Mr Djurberg call foul and get his way.

Sue Clarke said:

Can the council not put some sort of restraining order on this guy ? I hate to say this but Health and Safety looks like an issue, if boat users cannot safely navigate the reduced channel.

The Richmond and Twickenham Times details that the "Swiss Chalet" is to be lifted by 2 metres in order to add a basement floor as of the 19 September, today.

I trust this has planning permission since it now has local press coverage.

Gareth Roberts said:

Hello Sue

I don't believe they can. The navigation issue would be applicable if the Environment Agency believed there was a compromised position however I understand that they think everything is fine regarding navigation

As I've said before, the Council would dearly love to be able to take decisive action but they have to act within the law. If they put a foot out of step then they could let Mr Djurberg call foul and get his way.

Sue Clarke said:

I am a river engineer and work on projects affecting rivers. The Thames Byelaws require any works within 8 metres of the top of the bank to have Flood Defence Consent from the EA which is in addition to any planning consents. This to protect the river corridor, primarily for flood management reasons but also to protect green corridors along the river. The EA cannot reasonably withhold Consent but also work cannot start without it. I am unsure what the penalties are for failing to comply but I'm sure this can be investigated. I am attempting to upload the forms for an FDC but if it doesn't work they are on the EA website.

Attachments:
So did myck get planning permission for raising the Swiss chalet?

I would think so.

Its a listed building so even he wouldn't push his luck that far

I understand that he is claiming the lift will move it above flood levels.

The local paper state a £200 k cost and the work is being done by a Dutch company

ann williams said:

So did myck get planning permission for raising the Swiss chalet?

Our clients are all reporting to us (and we agree) that the majority of the issues creating conflict on the river between Datchet and Teddington are as a result of the Environment Agency becoming a bureau.

The Hucks boatyard debacle is one of many examples that the Thames Conservancy (the EAs predecessor) would just not have let happen. The EA have dropped 800 years of law and experience and replaced it with a very limp wristed statutory consultee scared of engaging or enforcing established law.

Instead they have a policy of leaving everything to the local planners.

The EA have a duty to protect marine facilities and the navigation but instead have permitted the removal of the last dry dock facility in the area. When others are being refused dredging permits the EA actually assisted dredging at Hucks.

Rather than levy fines or remove illegal boats they have stood by and watched the degradation of the river leaving others to clear up the mess and also sold off their yards.

Everything required already exists in the Thames Conservancy Acts.

Heads need to roll.

regards 

Running the risk of being targeted as siding with the enemy here, do you know if Hampton Riveria is trading as a marina?  

My family and I are looking for somewhere to berth our boat and given the beauty of the surrounding area and the river in this section of the Thames, Hampton Riveria looked idyllic.  They have a website advertising it as such, including boatyard facilities but given some of the comments here and the ongoing planning applications i was left uncertain.  

Using the power of social networking I hoped get the views from those in the area. 

The riverside is beautiful down by the Hampton Riviera but so you are not influenced either way about the legal wranglings going on at the moment I would suggest that you take a look at Google Earth of this area and try to match up actual satellite images of photos on their website especially the 4th photo on the top row then you can make up your own mind.   Nice to see some one looking for legal moorings along the river, I hope you manage to find somewhere.

Not sure what you are saying??

Google Earth pix are very out of date. The reality is access to OUR river, all along this stretch, has been taken from us by unscrupulous individuals for their personal gain. 

Heather said:

The riverside is beautiful down by the Hampton Riviera but so you are not influenced either way about the legal wranglings going on at the moment I would suggest that you take a look at Google Earth of this area and try to match up actual satellite images of photos on their website especially the 4th photo on the top row then you can make up your own mind.   Nice to see some one looking for legal moorings along the river, I hope you manage to find somewhere.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service