An interesting conversation with a SWT employee today. The reason the bus doesn't take you to Teddington station is that the people of Teddington are "too posh" and don't want buses going down their roads and disturbing them! Remember this as you walk from Waldegrave Road to the station, then end up waiting for the train and, possibly, being late!

Views: 942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do they tell people where they're dropping off before they get on at Hampton? Would be interesting to know what they would do if someone of limited mobility needed to use the service who might find the 320m walk/roll to the station from the Waldegrave Road bus stop a challenge.

It is more likely they drop off there because there's nowhere to turn a bus once it's outside the station (on either side) and the surrounding roads are too narrow and/or double parked where there's no CPZ to get a bus down at the best of times (made more complicated due to all the people along the Shepperton Branch Line driving to Teddington, no doubt).

I have a trip into London to make on Friday (I have sympathy for all regular commuters in this heat and with extra crowding) and am considering alternatives.

Yes, I think the translation is that the siting of the station, narrowness of the streets, etc. makes it impractical to get buses down there (or at least it's much easier just to drop people on Waldegrave Road).

Full route here.

I've been getting the R68 to the Broad Street stop (outside Costa) and walking to the station from there. This appears to be a common commuter track.

Here we go again.   Please RBC we have no trains!! extra buses are being laid on and as usual TW dig  up the A308 causing chaos again. School Holiday's brings out all manner of water work repairs.  Can't it wait until the trains are back to normal.

Come on Cllr Buckwell check it out.  Soon please.

So does anyone know anything about the Thames Water roadworks on Hampton Court Road? Appeared without any warning, first weekend of school hols, no trains - traffic is appalling! Given that TW was digging up the road in May, why do they have to do it again now, and how long are we going to suffer? 

Steph B said:

Here we go again.   Please RBC we have no trains!! extra buses are being laid on and as usual TW dig  up the A308 causing chaos again. School Holiday's brings out all manner of water work repairs.  Can't it wait until the trains are back to normal.

Come on Cllr Buckwell check it out.  Soon please.

What times are the buses to Teddington? ten to and twenty past?

But...

We regularly have Sunday rail replacement buses travelling down Station Road, turning round, and coming back out again. We had to make sure church trees were cut back to allow it to happen. So we know they can, and do, get up and down there.

Clive said:

Do they tell people where they're dropping off before they get on at Hampton? Would be interesting to know what they would do if someone of limited mobility needed to use the service who might find the 320m walk/roll to the station from the Waldegrave Road bus stop a challenge.

It is more likely they drop off there because there's nowhere to turn a bus once it's outside the station (on either side) and the surrounding roads are too narrow and/or double parked where there's no CPZ to get a bus down at the best of times (made more complicated due to all the people along the Shepperton Branch Line driving to Teddington, no doubt).

I have a trip into London to make on Friday (I have sympathy for all regular commuters in this heat and with extra crowding) and am considering alternatives.

I agree, it has been very disruptive with the train and road works going on at the same time. They haven't signposted some of the stations well. I remember catching a replacement but to Teddington a few years back and the stop was placed outside the station.

Nevertheless, I witnessed a man from Hampton abuse the bus replacement staff. Whilst the service is an annoyance, they don't deserve to be cursed at.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service