A small group of us managed to get together yesterday and had a useful discussion about what we might do to build on what we have already achieved. We agreed:

1) to do a bit of a spring clean on the look of site, removing the chat facility which people don't seem to use and making a few other minor changes.

2) to do some publicity - Amanda is designing a one page A4 poster and we will then ask shops and restaurants to display the post in Hampton and Hampton Hill.

3) to reach out to Hampton Society and see if we can do more with them especially given the success of their do you/did you live in Hampton page on Facebook.

4) to draw up some do's and don't for posting on the site to encourage people to post in the right spirit but accepting that people have to be free to say they don't like something as well as being able to say what they think is good.

5) to explore the possibility of regular HPN meet-ups possibly occurring every other month. We are looking to do the first one on Tuesday June 3 probably in the Railway Bell, Hampton.

6) to make sure the new-style newsletter comes out regularly once a month near the start of the month - Amanda kindly agreed to have a go at doing the next one at the start of May. Any other volunteers would be most welcome - if there were four of us doing it, each person would only need to do it once every three months. It is quite a fun process and MailChimp is quite easy and fun to use, so send me an email or a message if you are interested.

We then all went for a well-earned drink!

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Paul

My family and I are new to the Hampton area, having previously lived in Dulwich.  I like the HPN very much and recently signed up.  If you are looking for ideas to update, I suggest that you log onto the 'East Dulwich Forum'.  Practically everyone I knew whilst living there regularly sought information etc from it.

Regards.

Helen

Paul,

I must say thank you for all the work you put in to the HPN site.

Helen, and the 'East Dulwich Forum is interesting but you do a great job, thanks again.

I do like the idea of a weekday HPN evening as I have NEVER managed the weekend meetings. Tuesday 3rd June is in my diary with no promises but I will try!

All the points from the last meeting sound promising, but please keep in mind us older folks who are not as computer literate as others if you redesign the site in any way!

Good Luck !

Many thanks, Charles. Don't worry about any potential changes - there are likely to be so minimal as to be barely noticeable and certainly should not make the site harder to use :-)

Thank you for the tip! I particularly like the Local Info page... I think we ought to do that Paul?

Helen Ford said:

Hello Paul

My family and I are new to the Hampton area, having previously lived in Dulwich.  I like the HPN very much and recently signed up.  If you are looking for ideas to update, I suggest that you log onto the 'East Dulwich Forum'.  Practically everyone I knew whilst living there regularly sought information etc from it.

Regards.

Helen

I have now made the few small tweaks to the site that follow from the discussion we had a few weeks ago. I have removed the chat feature (and the leaderboard feature) and modified the way blog posts are displayed to favour recent blog posts. Happy to look at any other suggestions people may have!

I know you can`t please all of the people all of the time but could the meet up dates be open to discussion nearer the time so that the maximum amount of people can attend? 

Absolutely. We were thinking of potentially having another one on Tuesday June 3. But it is not definitely not (yet) set in concrete!

Sue C said:

I know you can`t please all of the people all of the time but could the meet up dates be open to discussion nearer the time so that the maximum amount of people can attend? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service