According to the bus stop there are no buses from yesterday until the 6th Sept.  Some form of notice would have been appreciated as to get into Kingston it's either Percy Road or Garricks Temple.  I had to walk back from the doctors yesterday with a recently bandaged leg in 33c heat.  According to the tweet from Thames Water it's now the 9th Sept.  13 days without buses really isn't acceptable.  No warning, people were standing waiting for buses yesterday before any notice on the bus stop.  How about letting local people know.  It's a fair walk to either of those two bus stops, and you would have to come back without any shopping.

Views: 364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Janice,  it is not rocket science to have the 111, Kingston bound, going left at Ashley Road, over the bridge then right to the station bus stop before it goes  left at the junction of Station Road and Percy Road and left onto the 308.   The 216 manages to come along Station Road towards Staines!  TFL are responsible for closing the bus stops but obviously couldn’t be bothered.  Between Thames Water and TFL what more can you expect! The 9th is an awful long time and that’s assuming that Thames Water turn up and do a decent day’s work.

Sorry no they don't do that, we have no buses either the 111 or 216 all day.  The 111 goes straight over the level crossing go up to the A308 by passing all of Station Road, the 216 goes straight through and also doesn't come down Station Road, bus stops are out of use, no NORMAL diversion, hence no rocket science.  As I asked the bus driver yesterday before I had to walk home in all that heat he explained it to me.

Having just popped over to St Johns and saw a young man waiting for a bus I told him about what it said on the actual bus stop, lo and behold as he headed off to get a train a 111 came down Station Road, belying what I had said to him and also the information on the bus stop.

As the bottom of Station Road is closed the buses cannot go towards Kingston but can apparently return that way.  Why do people start making other people feel stupid when that's not the case.

One can get back from Kingston (which I pointed out) but cannot get there without a lengthy walk for those that don't walk easily. I am very use to the fact that the 111 can go over the road bridge to and from Ashley Road, this is not happening.  It would appear the night buses 111 are running through but no other buses.

Janice, I long for the day that you post something positive...

One day, one day, maybe?.....

p.s god forbid what new residents think when they log on, Hampton must look like a massive hell hole.

Honestly, go back over the last 12/24 months and find a positive post? "not happy unless you have something to moan about" springs to mind.

Oops sorry I was letting people know there were no buses, then I get abuse , from you, and someone saying it wasn't rocket science, who happened to be totally wrong.  There you go, I will not post anything to let people know that those of us that rely on the buses down Station road, that there aren't any

Oh dear Janice, I wasn’t referring to you when I said it wasn’t “rocket science”.  I was talking about the useless bus company and TFL for not sorting out a user friendly bus route.  The whole thing seems a terrible muddle.  

I wonder Murdoch are you an Estate Agent, Property Developer or a Political activist?

Janice's post is informative. Public transport in this area is poor and badly connected.

I have missed a few Cardiac hospital appointments due to trains and buses being delayed or cancelled, so any info is always welcomed.

Murdoch said:

Janice, I long for the day that you post something positive...

One day, one day, maybe?.....

p.s god forbid what new residents think when they log on, Hampton must look like a massive hell hole.

Honestly, go back over the last 12/24 months and find a positive post? "not happy unless you have something to moan about" springs to mind.

Thank you Fat Bob. 

Sorry Jane if I took it the wrong way but at least you came back to me

Keep up the good work Janice I like your posts. If you do make a mistake, I am old enough and ugly enough to check it out for myself.

In case you hadn't noticed we  also have a problem with South West trains. As usual the strike will affect Hampton and Hampton Court trains this coming weekend so together with a lack of buses it's lockdown again.

Bryan Alderson B.E.M. said:

Keep up the good work Janice I like your posts. If you do make a mistake, I am old enough and ugly enough to check it out for myself.

Thank you for your support Bryan.

Oh I had forgotten about the strike

Having told a lot of people there are no buses as people have been sitting and waiting, too small on timetable, those of us that live here don't read that. a bigger notice in the shelter would have been handy.  As I have said before at night the 111 goes through, tonight I was talking with a friend near the bus stop and we both told the young man that there were no buses.  Yet again lo and behold a 216 came through this was at 6.45pm, are they running are aren't they? Please can someone enlighten those that actually use the buses

Just been out for my last walk at 8.45pm and a 111 came along.  Can anyone tell us whether we have a bus service or not. I am trying to work out how to get to Kingstone hospital>

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service