No Parking signs for the 16th January and the 17th January

Does anyone know why there are parking restrictions in Station Road, one part on the 16th and the other on the 17th?  I have looked up on the Council's website but nothing there.

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Janice,

I have asked Gareth why, If I get a reply I'll put it up here.

One sign opposite us says NO PARKING 19th January 8am - 3pm.

Nobody at LBRUT Highways seems to know why, but after 40 minutes on the phone to them someone suggested the lamp posts are being replaced!  If this is so WHY?  They are the same as Percy Road et-al.

The only thing one can be sure of with this lot is if someone does park, they will be towed away?

Street lamps are gradually being replaced across the borough as part of a planned program when they reach "end of life' with lighter steel posts and LED bulbs which use only 60% energy compared with older sodium bulbs.
So if it is street lamp replacement I think that answers the why. And is surely a good thing .

Thanks Ian, I saw some being replaced down past the White House on Tuesday

Ian Cook said:

Hi Janice,

I have asked Gareth why, If I get a reply I'll put it up here.

One sign opposite us says NO PARKING 19th January 8am - 3pm.

Nobody at LBRUT Highways seems to know why, but after 40 minutes on the phone to them someone suggested the lamp posts are being replaced!  If this is so WHY?  They are the same as Percy Road et-al.

The only thing one can be sure of with this lot is if someone does park, they will be towed away?

Reply from Gareth.

Hello Ian
Have checked and yes this is the replacement of the lamps
I imagine it’s the change over to the LED style lamp as opposed to the columns themselves
Confirmation from officers
“There are street lighting replacement works programmed for Station Road Hampton between the 15th and 20th of January, parking restrictions are enforced to allow the contractor to complete the works safely“
Best Wishes
G

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service