Anyone else suffering from phone line problems? We lost our broadband on Monday (much to my younger daughter's horror) and then yesterday I worked out that the problem was not the broadband but the phone line. I rang BT and a recording said there were problems at the Hampton exchange that would be sorted out in two hours. That was 15 hours ago! and no sign of any progress. Anyone else affected?

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was told it may take 3 days to fix (that was on Sunday).

All fixed my end.  The problem was caused by thieves stealing underground cables.

No problems at all on Station Road this week.

Sorry to hear you are all having problems. We are not having this one but our Virgin set up over the last few weeks has been awful; painfully slow internet, v box constantly re-booting and most recordings finishing early. You can't do that to Homeland!!!!!!.  Anyone else having problems with Virgin? Plus can anyone recommend an alternative provider?

yes indeed was about to post something myself.

We've been off since Monday and still not fixed. Open Reach saying they are working through the problem and all homes will be restored soon.
Is everyone back? Our line is still dead :-(

My line at the workshop was down through most of Monday and all day Tuesday. Back on yesterday to my relief!

I had phoned BT who knew of the fault and had already put my phoneline on a free call diversion to my mobile number. I use call diversion anyway when away from the workshop, but if your line is down you can't set it up. Seems BT were one step ahead :)

I recently moved house Jayne and arranged for my virgin services, broadband V-Box etc to be moved and was told that my new house was set up to go (cable already run to the property). Was told I had to renew my contract, no problem I thought.

Engineers get round on the day, on time as well, but stood there like tweedle dee and tweedle dumb! No cable pulled to the house. Told me they would have to arrange for the cable pulling engineers to come out and can take two weeks. Phoned Virgin who confirmed this.

Now over two months and nothing. After several calls, several transfers to Indian call centres still no joy. Last call was to tell them to stick it with the usual threats of I had agreed verbally to a contract. They don't have a leg to stand on and can't take any money as I cancelled the direct debit already :)

We also had the same problems as you Jayne with constant re-booting and missing the end of recordings, even when it was set up to record an extra 5 minutes?

Jayne said:

Sorry to hear you are all having problems. We are not having this one but our Virgin set up over the last few weeks has been awful; painfully slow internet, v box constantly re-booting and most recordings finishing early. You can't do that to Homeland!!!!!!.  Anyone else having problems with Virgin? Plus can anyone recommend an alternative provider?

We are still down, Robin. My kids will kill me if BT does not pull its finger out :-)

Robin Oakley said:

Is everyone back? Our line is still dead :-(

Now seem to be back at last - Hurray! Hope everyone else is back soon too.

paul johnston said:

We are still down, Robin. My kids will kill me if BT does not pull its finger out :-)

Robin Oakley said:

Is everyone back? Our line is still dead :-(
Hi Paul, glad to hear you are once again connected to the hive. Ours was restored about 21:30 this eve and now feel whole again. Amazing how quickly we are now so reliant on the Interweb. :-)


paul johnston said:

Now seem to be back at last - Hurray! Hope everyone else is back soon too.

paul johnston said:

We are still down, Robin. My kids will kill me if BT does not pull its finger out :-)

Robin Oakley said:

Is everyone back? Our line is still dead :-(
Now up and running again and I would like to congratulate BT on their clear and informative communication throughout the problem and also their gracious apology to all their suffering customers. Yeah, right!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service