Anyone else suffering from phone line problems? We lost our broadband on Monday (much to my younger daughter's horror) and then yesterday I worked out that the problem was not the broadband but the phone line. I rang BT and a recording said there were problems at the Hampton exchange that would be sorted out in two hours. That was 15 hours ago! and no sign of any progress. Anyone else affected?

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not all totally bad - my faith in BT was somewhat increased when an Open Reach engineer knocked on our door, to apologise in advance for the disruption they would be causing through the night, as they worked to fix the theft of the cables on our street. They did work through the night too, and solidly for the next three days, in all that rain. I felt quite sorry for them...

But apart from our street, it does seem that no one else knew what was going on! I guess they're not perfect, but I can tell you, they worked hard! :)

Many thanks, Trudi. Good to give credit where credit is due :-) 

I did also rather like Pants64's comment which made my wife and I laugh and also captured another aspect of the situation. (I particularly liked the fact that I had to pay additional call charges every time I rang on my mobile to get inaccurate information on what was going on with the fault).

Trudi said:

It's not all totally bad - my faith in BT was somewhat increased when an Open Reach engineer knocked on our door, to apologise in advance for the disruption they would be causing through the night, as they worked to fix the theft of the cables on our street. They did work through the night too, and solidly for the next three days, in all that rain. I felt quite sorry for them...

But apart from our street, it does seem that no one else knew what was going on! I guess they're not perfect, but I can tell you, they worked hard! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service