Bringing People Together
I thought people might be interested to see the recently submitted planning application for the refurbishment of the Hampton Pool. All docs and details are on Richmond Borough website under 16/3434/FUL.
The Pool is not being touched with the facility to stay operational throughout the refurbishment with minimal downtime. The provision of a new building allows for a decanting space to give back space to swimmers and to put swimming at the heart of the project.
• Decant the gym, fitness studio and staff facilities out of the existing building increasing the changing room facilities.
• Refurbish the existing building to a high standard.
• Install a lift to provide access for all to the roof top café overlooking Bushy Park.
• Enlarge the café to deliver a covered area which will provide an open air shelter from the elements.
• Build new gym and fitness studios adjacent to the deep end with room around fitness equipment to accommodate wheelchairs.
• Install new insulation and plant to reduce water and energy usage.
• Reduce carbon footprint and increase energy efficiency