Some sort of water pipe seems to have burst on Thursday night creating a lot of mess at the junction of broad lane and ormond drive. If you have driven past since you will have noticed that temporary three-way traffic lights at that junction are causing quite a lot of delays in both directions. Avoid it if you can and please update this discussion when the problem gets sorted! tks

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That explains the shocking traffic in that direction - I've managed to go around it so far. Didn't think the Flower Show tailbacks could be quite that bad! Thanks for the info!!
The road is now CLOSED. No access to/from Uxbridge Road from High Street. Shame there's little or no signage warning of this until you get to the blockage, which was causing some confusion this morning. Also, whoever thought of diverting traffic along St James's Road wants shooting. Clearly not a local!
I've been in contact with the Highways people at the Council. They acknowledge that the works "are taking longer than anticipated", but gave no timescale. They assured me that improved signage to warn of the road closure ahead has been requested, and they are asking TfL to switch off the traffic lights at the High Street/Uxbridge Road junction (as they are superfluous while no-one can turn into or out of Uxbridge Road).
Thanks, Clive. Good to know that it is at least on their radar!

Clive Scoggins said:
I've been in contact with the Highways people at the Council. They acknowledge that the works "are taking longer than anticipated", but gave no timescale. They assured me that improved signage to warn of the road closure ahead has been requested, and they are asking TfL to switch off the traffic lights at the High Street/Uxbridge Road junction (as they are superfluous while no-one can turn into or out of Uxbridge Road).
An interesting sign of progress - not on the traffic problem I am afraid, but at least on keeping people informed. Apparently there is now a regularly updated online map of road works in the UK and Richmond Council seem to be providing data to it! Here is the link: http://www.elgin.gov.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=streetworks.streetwork.... you can enter a postcode and it highlights road works including the one that this discussion refers to!
Here is what Elgin says about these road works:

An excellent site, could come in very useful for tracing who is responsible for which roadworks around the place.

I note that the above data says the works 'promoter' is EDF Energy - I thought it was a burst water main? Perhaps EDF were responsible for the temporary lights/chicanery that was there prior to the current closure? I wonder if those works and the burst main are linked? There is another entry for Uxbridge Road marked as 'urgent' for Thames Water, which the map link shows as on the Ormond Drive junction. Estimated end date 27 July! That's another ten days!!
Road and bridge are now finally open - hurray!! but it looks like they are still doing a bit of work on the footpath. Lets hope this is a permanent solution this time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service