So the reason that recycling boxes are still on the streets is that RUTC have selected Serco (more like fiasco), a bunch of third rate outsourcers always teetering on the brink of chaos and insolvency. Probably bid low, as they usually do and we will all suffer. Good work Gareth. Along with the undemocratic imposition of the 20mph speed limit, a ballot box rebuke is coming. Impose penalties on Serco now and get this sorted.

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why was my post deleted???

Because you implied a public official was taking bribes. 

Lighten up a little. Still no bins been emptied. Has a two week service been slipped in while everyone has other things on their mind?

Lighten up a little. Still no bins been emptied. Has a two week service been slipped in while everyone has other things on their mind?

There was a problem with the vehicles breaking down last week and Serco actually worked over last week-end to try to clear the backlog. Today in Hampton Ward, Tudor Road, Broad Lane, Taggs Island, Lawrence Road, Hill Field Road and Broome Road haven’t had all their waste and/or recycling collected but these will be collected tomorrow.  Part of the problem this week has been the increased residual waste which is not normal but has increased because of ‘lock-down’. A change in planning going forward in these very different times will take place to try to accommodate this.

That’s a coincidence the vehicles breaking down in their first week! I still question the decision to select Serco. Any basic due diligence paints a picture of company prone to malpractice and worse. Just google ‘Serco problems’ to see. I hope they don’t erode the employee contracts of our excellent waste and recycling teams, another of their traits. Perhaps I should send in a FOI request to scrutinise the tender process and what the award decision was based on.

cllr.snicholson@richmond.gov.uk said:

There was a problem with the vehicles breaking down last week and Serco actually worked over last week-end to try to clear the backlog. Today in Hampton Ward, Tudor Road, Broad Lane, Taggs Island, Lawrence Road, Hill Field Road and Broome Road haven’t had all their waste and/or recycling collected but these will be collected tomorrow.  Part of the problem this week has been the increased residual waste which is not normal but has increased because of ‘lock-down’. A change in planning going forward in these very different times will take place to try to accommodate this.

I have had business dealings with Serco in Healthcare, Amenities and Prisons Alan they are very good at bidding low ruining services and dumping contracts. Why would Richmond dump a provider with a great track record being a council with plenty of cash??

Couple of points worth raising here

1) Maybe I’m closer to it than others but ‘a provider with a great track record’? Clearly you didn’t get the same emails that I did about missed collections, rubbish strewn streets, overflowing recycling sites as I did under the previous contractor. And that was taking place without Covid19 hovering in the background

2) The lockdown has placed immense strain on the service because the world and his wife are taking the opportunity to have a jolly good clear out so there’s a huge increase in stuff being put out for collection. Factor in that the more people work from home and the more kids there are at home during the day, all eating then that whacks up both the recycling collection amounts (all those extra tins, jars and bottles need collecting) and, of course the food waste for many increases.

And because all this extra gets put out, the vans get filled up quicker. And the quicker the vans get filled up, the more journeys back to the depot to offload - and that causes delays, sometimes days of delays.

So its tricky to compare like with like during this extraordinary time. 

Hammer said:

I have had business dealings with Serco in Healthcare, Amenities and Prisons Alan they are very good at bidding low ruining services and dumping contracts. Why would Richmond dump a provider with a great track record being a council with plenty of cash??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service