I have been round to Plevna Road this morning.  The signs on lampost say no parking from 8am-5pm between the 6/5/2016 and 16/5/2016.  Spoke to workmen (very polite) it seems we are able to use the road to park our cars as long as we avoid the coned area which will move as the work progresses.  More confusing info to upset the nice folk of Hampton.  What is happening to Richmond Council.  Will councillor Stephen Speak stand up an explain himself or does he live on another planet. He is the roads and transport councillor after all.  Didn't think much of them at the meeting in Feb at thee White House most of the speakers didn't seem aware of the long term ongoing problems. One didn't even know where we were asking questions about. TIME FOR THE CABINET TO TAKE A LONG WALKABOUT IN HAMPTON AND I DO MEAN HAMPTON. NOT HAMPTON COURT OR HAMPTON HILL.  SOON PLEASE WHILE THIS MESS AND THE WATER WORKS ON HC ROAD ARE UNDERWAY.

Also in update on what is to come and when the current issues are to finish

Views: 536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To add to the mix...theyve now put same signage and cones up on Varna for immediately after the Plevna ones. Will it ever stop! We shall have the smoothest tarmac in the world. I shall take up skateboarding

Where is the Ghost Patrol, has anyone heard or seen them, have they been excorcized?

Nope and according to Steph after Varna they are hitting Avenue Road, where are the notices to residents (through their doors) of such work.  Some of us might be going away on holiday and hence would not know, as would not the people that park and go on holiday that don't live here.  Would our cars/us be fined for being parked when they decide to do the work without prior notification.  Residents need warning.  Come on Gareth you are being very quiet on all this. 

and QUIETER and quieter and quieter......ssshhhh! you might wake them....

Janice Merritt said:

Nope and according to Steph after Varna they are hitting Avenue Road, where are the notices to residents (through their doors) of such work.  Some of us might be going away on holiday and hence would not know, as would not the people that park and go on holiday that don't live here.  Would our cars/us be fined for being parked when they decide to do the work without prior notification.  Residents need warning.  Come on Gareth you are being very quiet on all this. 

The residents don't own the road outside of their houses although in that area of Hampton I think they think that they probably do!
Just a thought

Janice Merritt said:

Nobody is suggesting we personally own a section of road. However we do pay road tax and council tax to use the road and have a right to know if work disrupts our access to use said road in order to get home.

Do you not park in your own road?  I didn't mention  about 'outside of their houses' I merely stated that notification would be nice for the reasons I stated.

Thanks Steph well put.

Bill Rosborough said:

The residents don't own the road outside of their houses although in that area of Hampton I think they think that they probably do!
Just a thought

Janice Merritt said:

Somewhat unecessary comment!

Bill Rosborough said:

Just a thought

Janice Merritt said:

Well the notices popped up this afternoon at the end of Avenue Road the 19th.  Stating about road works from the 19th (yes that's today) May until the 7th June, not quite sure why we have 13 days of it without counting the weekends.  Not any notice at all if you had gone away, no cones arrived thus far, today I couldn't move it if I wanted to in too much pain.  I am out tomorrow so wont be around either.  As apparently you can park where there are no cones, not going to move the car unnecessarily

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service