Hello Folks

I'm the bearer of bad news.  A gas leak has been identified near the Lion Gate entrance to Bushy Park. Unfortunately this means that traffic is being managed by three way lights so on top of the roadworks for Thames Water this looks likely to cause yet more delays.

Of course this is something of an emergency so it's important that the crews get to the bottom of the problem and fix the leak.  The initial timescale being offered to the council is that it SHOULD be cleared by tomorrow afternoon.

So if you can take the train or the bike to get around then I strongly advise that you do so - because even if you're driving to avoid the Hampton Court Road, you can bet your bippy that many others will be doing exactly the same

Views: 5603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I must agree with the few voices here - I thought it was shocking that just before budget time the perfect pavement just on the corner of Thames street / Plevna road was replaced. I live about two minutes from that location and there was NOTHING wrong with the pavement - it was shocking budgetary 'use it or lose it' action. TW have an insane work ethic - it literally blows my mind that they are allowed to treat Thames street like it belongs to them. We have at least 1/8 of the time with a hole in the road,  this will add about  50 minutes to journey times - and about 2 miles of tailbacks in either direction but TW seem to have only parttime workmen. There is almost never anybody working and the council do nothing to speed this work up. Year after year, hole after hole we see the same thing, yet nothing changes.

Shockingly, nobody from Thames Water was working at the site on Hampton Court Road during the weekend. Plus nobody working today at 7:45am????

1. How long does it currently take for a bus (such as the 111) or car to travel from North Hampton to Kingston?

2. How long does it currently take a bus (such as the 111) or car to travel from Kingston to North Hampton?

3. What are the levels of pollution at the corner of the Thames St (A308) and High St (A3008)? A mobile monitor will need to be deployed to this area. I'm especially concerned about pollution during the warmer weather forecast for this week.

4. What are the current working hours the team performing the maintenance work and how many resources are working on it?

Finally, we know that there are many people being severely delayed due to this ongoing situation. There are children and students trying to get to school & college; men and women trying to get to work and elderly people who rely heavily on public transport to make their hospital/surgery appointments.

It's now time for the local authority to be accountable for such a severe impact on peoples lives during the past three months. It's no longer acceptable to refer the public to the specific organisation carrying out the work such at Thames Water or BT etc.

Gareth, can you or someone at LBRUT produce this information please?

Thank you.

That's very good, how is it we all thought it was TW and the council think it's gas works.  They have even put it out on Twitter, oh so funny except for the chaos

It took me an hour and a half o get from Station Road to Thames Ditton this morning, which even on a busy day is 15 minutes, not a sign of any activity or, come to that, 'workmen'  and just over an hour back this evening, still no sign of life.   I spoke to LBRUT this morning and they promised the person responsible for this planning and scheduling cock-up "will ring you today".  

Did 'he'?

Of course 'he' didn't, indicative of the contempt our employees have for us.  I suspect by the time 'he' gets around to it, much as the email reply from them I posted previously reference Phase 1, Phase 2 will also be over.

Does anyone know where our representatives are in all this?

Oh! PS.  They have now closed the cycle path and pavement, I saw a mother and 2 children trying to cross over the Upper Sunbury Road as directed,  to use the other Foot Path, negotiating angry and frustrated drivers.  Closing the pavement is one thing but not making safe passage or refuge throws this into a whole new league of crass irresponsibility and utter thoughtlessness.

Janice Merritt said:

That's very good, how is it we all thought it was TW and the council think it's gas works.  They have even put it out on Twitter, oh so funny except for the chaos

I did find a place on the TFL website to report issues with works - you can go to https://reportit.tfl.gov.uk/ find the right roadworks and report that there was no work going on (which is what I have done). The report has gone to someone at Richmond Council, and I have a reference number.  Maybe if enough people report it, it may do some good.... (but I don't hold out much hope)

Interesting how they only show an isolated area of the work with dates that dont actually match the signs on Thames Street. By breaking it down in to the individual sections which I assume they are doing here it makes it look far less disruptive than it actually is.

We don't seem to have received an update from Gareth as yet!

I'm sure he's busy escalating this issue within LBRUT (?)

Thanks so much Mike, very useful information.

I've also submitted the form, it only takes a few mins.

Everyone, please help! - link below.

https://reportit.tfl.gov.uk/

Mike Dennison said:

I did find a place on the TFL website to report issues with works - you can go to https://reportit.tfl.gov.uk/ find the right roadworks and report that there was no work going on (which is what I have done). The report has gone to someone at Richmond Council, and I have a reference number.  Maybe if enough people report it, it may do some good.... (but I don't hold out much hope)

I did it and it didn't seem to recognise where the road works were but I did let them know in the box provided

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service