Hello Folks

I'm the bearer of bad news.  A gas leak has been identified near the Lion Gate entrance to Bushy Park. Unfortunately this means that traffic is being managed by three way lights so on top of the roadworks for Thames Water this looks likely to cause yet more delays.

Of course this is something of an emergency so it's important that the crews get to the bottom of the problem and fix the leak.  The initial timescale being offered to the council is that it SHOULD be cleared by tomorrow afternoon.

So if you can take the train or the bike to get around then I strongly advise that you do so - because even if you're driving to avoid the Hampton Court Road, you can bet your bippy that many others will be doing exactly the same

Views: 5633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that we have identified the root cause of the chaos that surrounds us when Gareth mentions that this situation is largely beyond his control. Our comments are never meant to be taken personally and I believe that most if not all comments have been constructive.

So this leads us to the question 'who is responsible?'. It seems to be Councillor (Mr) Speak. This does however question the remit of our local councillors, but we can look into this more closely once this current situation has been resolved.

To me the challenge isn't that complex, there are a number of roads within Hampton that are critical for local transport services and to the general public. Maintenance within these roads needs to be planned and managed in order to allow the traffic to flow reasonably well during peak hours, there always needs to be a contingency plan. Clearly someone within LBRUT isn't performing this planning role effectively and they are not communicating or coordinating with local councillors such as Gareth.

Thames Water work to an agreed LBRUT license that specifically states the working ours of 08:00hrs -19:00hrs Monday-Friday and 08:00hrs -17:00hrs Saturday/Sunday.

Gareth, as mentioned by others, why at least are Thames Water not honouring the licensed hours? We have no choice but to assume that LBRUT are not monitoring the site despite earlier WRITTEN statements? This is antagonising the situation further and can only lead to more resentment. 

Thank you.

To readers, don't give up! I find the Hillsborough documentary (currently on BBC iPlayer) a good source of inspiration! Thank you for all your comments to date.

It has been said that the English don't mind queueing and it certainly would appear to be the case in hampton at the moment.  Or is that what Thames Water would have us believe. This latest repair on Station Road makes me wonder whether the left hand knows what the right  is  doing and there is not a sign indicating how long we are to have 5 way traffic lights in place. Perhaps the more senior employees of Thames  Water should walk through our village to appreciate the disruption especially at 5pm when there is no sign of work being carried out but there is a major build up of traffic.  This evening at 6.10pm there  were 4 buses (111)at the bottom end of Station Road, all with their engines running and caught up in the never ending road repairs.  I sincerely hope that TW sponsor the screening on the green given the disruption they have caused since Easter.

What I don't understand is the lack of communication.  On the 23rd April I reported the hole on Station Road and I was amazed (purely at how quickly I got a response) when I received an email from a street works engineer to say he had attended site and reported the issue to Thames Water 3 days later.  I was given Thames Water reference 1013858705 and that was it, I've heard nothing since then or seen any sign.

How is it during that time there have been no signs, no advance warnings, nothing from Thames Water or the council to tell us when this would happen.  Why couldn't someone say "heads up! next week emergency water works"?

But it isn't emergency water works otherwise they would have been working when I drove home at 5pm. This morning at 7am, the traffic lights aren't switched on, admittedly there is a lone workman on site, sitting in his vehicle with his engine running!  The cars are running the gauntlet through the coned off areas!

So have I, suspect it'll be like addressing a plank?
Amanda Hunt said:

I have! (written)

And just to add to the mix, with the windows open due to the warm weather, I can hear the dulcet tones of the road being dug up on Plevna, just when study leave has started for those Year 11 - Year 13 for their important exams. Wonder why my daughter is going to school to revise.

I have also written

Hi all ,
I live on Station road and have been experiencing these problems like you all have for weeks now .
I'm 40 weeks pregnant and due this week and my husband and I are very worried about getting to Kingston Hospital due to these roadworks ! You cannot imagine the stress it's causing us .
I never see them working EVER and the Thames water site opposite Taggs island is so small I just wonder what exactly is going on.
With the other 4 way traffic lights and Plevna roadworks it's just too much .

I too have written to Stephen Speak and copied to Gareth who I know to be doing all he can to he!p.  Let's hope Mr Speak comes to see for himself the chaos.

Me too. Imagine Mr speak is tooo busy reading all his emails today to bother replying...look forward to hearing from whomever hears from him first!
Hi Hannah. The best way to Kingston, at the moment, is Hampton Hill, Teddington then through Bushey Park. It has taken me around 15 minutes in the past week. Good luck!
br/>

Hannah said:
Hi all ,
I live on Station road and have been experiencing these problems like you all have for weeks now .
I'm 40 weeks pregnant and due this week and my husband and I are very worried about getting to Kingston Hospital due to these roadworks ! You cannot imagine the stress it's causing us .
I never see them working EVER and the Thames water site opposite Taggs island is so small I just wonder what exactly is going on.
With the other 4 way traffic lights and Plevna roadworks it's just too much .

According to the sign (as I walked past today!) the four-way lights job in Station Road should be finished tomorrow...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service