Hello Folks

I'm the bearer of bad news.  A gas leak has been identified near the Lion Gate entrance to Bushy Park. Unfortunately this means that traffic is being managed by three way lights so on top of the roadworks for Thames Water this looks likely to cause yet more delays.

Of course this is something of an emergency so it's important that the crews get to the bottom of the problem and fix the leak.  The initial timescale being offered to the council is that it SHOULD be cleared by tomorrow afternoon.

So if you can take the train or the bike to get around then I strongly advise that you do so - because even if you're driving to avoid the Hampton Court Road, you can bet your bippy that many others will be doing exactly the same

Views: 5591

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Traffic to the left of me..

Road works to the right...

Here I am stuck in the middle of you...

This is, frankly, unbelievable - our councillors are clearly not taking any heed of the growing traffic chaos in Hampton and are asleep on the job. Probably still resting after last weeks election toil. Gareth, what an earth is going on and what are you doing to alleviate the situation. Seems all the effort is being expended by HCN users. Let's remember this next local election time.

Another hour and a half this morning to Thames Ditton, 50 minutes getting out of Station Road, at 09.30 today and no workmen on site.  An hour back this evening, now working traffic lights in Station Road, surprise surprise no work started and no workman. Last Thursday, Friday and today Monday, I reckon I've wasted about 7 hours sitting in this jam and really does anyone care or give a s***.  Of course not, we're irrelevant, add together everyones lost time and it must be running into months and months if not longer, can we claim an hourly rate? Maybe a Class Action? 

Really had enough now, bored with excuses and lack of concern, tired of bad tempered foul mouthed drivers.

I did go on my bike on Saturday and got knocked off, thanks for the advice!

Alan, You'll have seen already that I've been in contact with the network guys, with the cabinet member for roads and transport to bring his attention to these ongoing complaints.  I've also been in direct contact with the officers responsible to request that they monitor the Thames Works more closely than they have been doing.  That there have been new reports of empty sites is regrettable and I'll report that as well.

I would also add, as previously reported, that it was through my direct intervention that the works in Ormond Avenue were postponed otherwise we'd be having that to deal with as well.

Of course if you want to use these pages to place all the blame on me for the crumbling infrastructure that we have to deal with largely caused by years of underinvestment by Thames Water and punish me at the ballot box for circumstances which are largely beyond my control then I suppose there's no stopping you.

Doesn't seem exactly fair though does it? 


 
Alan Wino said:

This is, frankly, unbelievable - our councillors are clearly not taking any heed of the growing traffic chaos in Hampton and are asleep on the job. Probably still resting after last weeks election toil. Gareth, what an earth is going on and what are you doing to alleviate the situation. Seems all the effort is being expended by HCN users. Let's remember this next local election time.
Have we all separately contacted Mr Speak as Gareth suggested ? I think that's the only way that collective voices may get heard properly, and direct voices may be more powerful than relying on messages from one person summarising our collective woes? If you all wanted to write letters I will happily collect them all from your individual addresses and deliver them in person to the council's offices.
PS Gareth that wasn't a dig at you. Just a suggestion that power in numbers and direct complaints may at least support the issues you've raised on our behalf already.

No dig inferred, Jen.  You're quite right, with your suggestion. A bulging inbox always attracts attention


For ease of reference, rather than trawling back  Cllr.sspeak@richmond.gov.uk
 
jen said:

PS Gareth that wasn't a dig at you. Just a suggestion that power in numbers and direct complaints may at least support the issues you've raised on our behalf already.

I have! (written)

They packed up before 530 today, I have the picture to prove it!

If you'd be happy for me to share it Rob, do email it to me Cllr.groberts@richmond.gov.uk
 
Rob McGlade said:

They packed up before 530 today, I have the picture to prove it!
Here it is taken at 17.34
Attachments:
Gareth

Of course I'm not blaming you personally for the crumbling infrastructure- but as our elected representative and a local resident you seem to be (and Petra and Suzanne) somewhat reactive rather than proactively dealing and warning us/preventing of events including the new Station Road blockade that must have had councill approval and bear in mind we raised the Ormond Road gas works issue. I would have thought that this thread and other similar ones show the strength of feeling on this subject. Oh well let's all bombard Cllr Speak. By the way this is not a personal dig at you.



Gareth Roberts said:

Alan, You'll have seen already that I've been in contact with the network guys, with the cabinet member for roads and transport to bring his attention to these ongoing complaints.  I've also been in direct contact with the officers responsible to request that they monitor the Thames Works more closely than they have been doing.  That there have been new reports of empty sites is regrettable and I'll report that as well.

I would also add, as previously reported, that it was through my direct intervention that the works in Ormond Avenue were postponed otherwise we'd be having that to deal with as well.

Of course if you want to use these pages to place all the blame on me for the crumbling infrastructure that we have to deal with largely caused by years of underinvestment by Thames Water and punish me at the ballot box for circumstances which are largely beyond my control then I suppose there's no stopping you.

Doesn't seem exactly fair though does it? 


 
Alan Wino said:

This is, frankly, unbelievable - our councillors are clearly not taking any heed of the growing traffic chaos in Hampton and are asleep on the job. Probably still resting after last weeks election toil. Gareth, what an earth is going on and what are you doing to alleviate the situation. Seems all the effort is being expended by HCN users. Let's remember this next local election time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service