Not more water works on Hampton Court Road, one way working under traffic light control. This morning traffic backed up all ways - to Sunbury Cross, Thames Ditton, along High St... when will this ever stop!!

Views: 2108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's truly an unbelievable mess. I had to drive a neighbour from Hampton to Kingston hospital this morning. Sat at the junction of Percy Road and Hampton Court Road for 10minutes and no movement at all. Decided to U turn and go through Teddington instead. The traffic building up from as far as back as Hampton Hill crossroads was huge. Why oh why do we have to suffer this year after year? It seems to me  that Thames Water are only making patchwork repairs. We pay enough in water rates to expect a much better service.

yes. traffic was definitely bad today - hope it wont go on for long.

I've said before - can't we get together to lobby Thames Water to do a proper job of replacing or lining the pipes under Hampton Court Road? It might mean chaos for a while but at least would get it over and done with. As you say, we pay enough, and every time they dig up the road how much more do we collectively pay in extra fuel, wasted time and delayed busses?

Mike Newson said:

It's truly an unbelievable mess. I had to drive a neighbour from Hampton to Kingston hospital this morning. Sat at the junction of Percy Road and Hampton Court Road for 10minutes and no movement at all. Decided to U turn and go through Teddington instead. The traffic building up from as far as back as Hampton Hill crossroads was huge. Why oh why do we have to suffer this year after year? It seems to me  that Thames Water are only making patchwork repairs. We pay enough in water rates to expect a much better service.

I thought it was too good to be true, we got thro the school holidays without road works.  Thames Water seem hell bent on digging up the road over and over again.  Could they at least put in someone who can work the traffic light system to keep the traffic flowing.  I too had to go via Teddington and thro the park to collect my Grandson from school.  Thank god for the car.  I have used the bus (two of them) to collect but that would have resulted in being very very late.  The poor bus drivers must be desperate.

I have in the past taken this up with our council reps and they do there best.  Could Thames Water at least let us know in advance instead of springing it on us as in this case and work harder to keep the traffic moving. 

I had chimney sweep coming yesterday 35 mins from Hampton Court Bridge, they were late but rang me, they said no one working there just road dug up and had it been done properly two lanes of traffic could easily have got through.  It's the same stretch again, this time an emergency, can't Thames Water actually get people working there, this was at midday Thursday.  Looked it up today and it's going on until the 12th.  Not only did it cut us off from going anywhere but friend said who lives the other side of Bushy Park on Sandy Lane that was bunged as well.  Come on Thames Water ever heard of working a 24 hour shift to get it done, rather than just a hole in the road and no workers

Apparently they are there until the 12th.  What it needs is traffic control officers (remember them) at HC roundabout so that the idiots that go onto the roundabout with no chance of moving off and that would allow the straight ahead traffic to go through.

Janice, the notices at Hampton Court and at Sunbury Cross say they'll be back May 15th for 2 days - that's over the weekend.

Oh I read it online, sorry as I haven't been down there I hadn't seen the notices

They're back again for the weekend. I've got to see a client in Walton, have no idea how long it's going to take, even if I go via Sunbury instead, I doubt whether I'll even be able to get down Percy road. It really is just unbelievable, why is there no accountability?

So is it time to make collective representations to Thames Water, our MP, our Councillors and the appropriate Ministry (whichever that is this days!) to get Thames Water to make a strategic decision on how to tackle the obviously long-term infrastructure problems under HC Road?

Wouldn't it be fun if customers of Thames Water, those like me who pay monthly held back that payment for a while, as a protest for the abysmal service that we get.

My monthly payment is due on Wednesday, Hmmm

As TW has a monopoly, presumably every property occupier in Hampton is a customer - plus all property occupiers who use Hampton Court Road. Can we orchestrate this to make an impact on TW?

Mike Newson said:

Wouldn't it be fun if customers of Thames Water, those like me who pay monthly held back that payment for a while, as a protest for the abysmal service that we get.

My monthly payment is due on Wednesday, Hmmm

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service