Royal Mail have put out a press release today saying they are exploring the option of moving the delivery operation from Rose Hill to Ashford Delivery Office.

Suzette

Views: 2025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is also a charge. I just got a card from RM today as I missed the post, it offers Hampton Post Office but for a fee. I can see in future one would just have to agree re-delivery as there is no way I am wasting all that time and fuel flogging up to Ashford.

That is a pain. For  half that fee (or a retainer in wine) I'll act as the Hampton parcel delivery point for everyone and stay hoke all day instead of working . Friendly hello guaranteed 

You started on that wine Jen? ;o)

Hello,

I just signed the petition, “Royal Mail: Prevent the closure of Royal Mail's Hampton Delivery Office.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/royal-mail-prevent-the-closure-of-royal-ma...

Thanks,
Jon

I’ve taken a look at the emerging Local Plan. This is effectively the bible for sites which are likely to come up and, sure enough, Hampton Delivery Office is included.

For avoidance of doubt, I want the delivery office to stay but if Royal Mail can’t be swayed its as well to know what the options are.

The long and short of it is that luxury housing is off the cards.

Employment or Social Infrastructure use would be the preferred alternative.

Housing could be considered as part of a mixed development - with either employment, commercial or social use.

If Employment, Social Infrastructure or Commercial don’t pan out then housing would be allowed but it would have to be affordable (I know, I know!) with on site parking provided.

So there it is. And if you haven’t signed the change.org petitions, do so!

A planning application for the old post office sorting sight has been made on the council website. 
It seems to consist of two commercial units and 6 expensive (non-affordable) houses.

Have you the planning application number?

James Anderton said:

A planning application for the old post office sorting sight has been made on the council website. 
It seems to consist of two commercial units and 6 expensive (non-affordable) houses.

Just seen it.  It is 20/1025 Decision due 14/7/2020.  

Janice Merritt said:

Have you the planning application number?

James Anderton said:

The plans are like to original ones that I have seen before, people in Rosehill, didn't want the cars on their side.

Parking

It is quite clear that this development along with the other ones within 200+ metres, Alderson's and the Police Station have all made exactly the same parking claims in their Planning Application supporting documents, namely the Transport Assessments or whatever other title developers choose to give these documents that:- parking demand assessment have confirmed that the demand can be accommodated on-site within the proposed level of parking or that there is spare capacity in the surrounding area, in the Rosehill version it also states '…therefore no over-spill parking would be expected...'

The Planning Department and the Planning Committee, I hope are not as naive as they have previously proved to be and do not accept the same narratives presented to them, yet again, as fact, without consideration to the reality and the severe parking pressure already being experienced by the community even before any these developments come on stream.

There can only be so many developers making the same claims about the same space, can’t there?

Massing

There is, understandably, the financial incentive for a Developer to build the maximum density they can get away with, irrespective of what is good or beneficial for the locality, the community, the environment, amenities or ultimately the occupants of their development.

This proposal is a perfect example of yet another ‘smart’ developer taking on Planning.

Ian you need to look at the planning permission for Stacey's, their parking said we were 100% full, that was my main point to try and stop it

Who are Stacey's?
Janice Merritt said:

Ian you need to look at the planning permission for Stacey's, their parking said we were 100% full, that was my main point to try and stop it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service