Royal Mail have put out a press release today saying they are exploring the option of moving the delivery operation from Rose Hill to Ashford Delivery Office.

Suzette

Views: 1350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is also a charge. I just got a card from RM today as I missed the post, it offers Hampton Post Office but for a fee. I can see in future one would just have to agree re-delivery as there is no way I am wasting all that time and fuel flogging up to Ashford.

That is a pain. For  half that fee (or a retainer in wine) I'll act as the Hampton parcel delivery point for everyone and stay hoke all day instead of working . Friendly hello guaranteed 

You started on that wine Jen? ;o)

Hello,

I just signed the petition, “Royal Mail: Prevent the closure of Royal Mail's Hampton Delivery Office.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/royal-mail-prevent-the-closure-of-royal-ma...

Thanks,
Jon

I’ve taken a look at the emerging Local Plan. This is effectively the bible for sites which are likely to come up and, sure enough, Hampton Delivery Office is included.

For avoidance of doubt, I want the delivery office to stay but if Royal Mail can’t be swayed its as well to know what the options are.

The long and short of it is that luxury housing is off the cards.

Employment or Social Infrastructure use would be the preferred alternative.

Housing could be considered as part of a mixed development - with either employment, commercial or social use.

If Employment, Social Infrastructure or Commercial don’t pan out then housing would be allowed but it would have to be affordable (I know, I know!) with on site parking provided.

So there it is. And if you haven’t signed the change.org petitions, do so!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service