Hello

You may have noticed that there's something of a hole in the middle of Station Road, just opposite the small parade of shops including Tail End Pet Shop, The All In One Keys and Shoe repairers and the Post Office.

Turns out we have a collapsed sewer which needs urgent repair so we're going to have a spot of traffic light controls in Station Road for the next couple of weeks.

If you need to be somewhere in a hurry and can avoid the area you'd probably do well to find an alternate route

BUT do try to keep supporting your local traders as road works like this can have a really damaging effect on takings. If it means parking a little way away and walking down then please do so.

Views: 1433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be glad when it's gone. Not least because I may rid my head of Bernard Cribbins who has taken up residence for the last week or so

Ian Cook said:

What a lot of fuss over a hole!

Janice Merritt said:

Site fencing still in place at 5.30 pm, looks no different from what I saw this morning.  Do you mean they will actually be working over the weekend Gareth?  I look forward to coming home Monday and finding all is well

well the Hole of Hampton has made parking easier, if you live Warfield/Belgrade at least, though not being light controlled does mean playing which way is it now, day is fine, though before 7am can be bit of a guessing game.

But yes be quite glad when it's gone.

A bit of bad news I'm afraid

This morning's update from the council engineers

"The road has now been re-opened for Heavy Goods Vehicles as from yesterday, Sunday morning, 15th September.

London Buses have carried out a trial run, but do not consider it viable to let the buses past the road works. The temporary bus stops and the current diversion will be kept in place for the buses.

There was a problem with Thames Water getting the repair carried out over the weekend due to the nature of the coupler/collar required on the 42” water main.

The earliest date for completion of the work is now Friday 20th September.

The temporary traffic signals will be in place until the work is completed."

Roger Merriman said:

well the Hole of Hampton has made parking easier, if you live Warfield/Belgrade at least, though not being light controlled does mean playing which way is it now, day is fine, though before 7am can be bit of a guessing game.

But yes be quite glad when it's gone.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service