Does anyone know of a swimming pool in this area that doesn't lane off.  I need to build up my muscles and need to swim widths.  Having been a life guard on two occasions the last being when in my 40's I find it disturbing that no 'big pools' allow you to just swim a width.  Several years ago I went to Hampton pool and new the manager then Dan, and when I was struggling out of my depth in 'a lane' I lost my nerve.  I asked 'why can't I just swim a width?' answer was 'swim half way and back'. Not a good answer when one is out of their depth and panicking, I struggled back. Surely when teaching a child to swim the first thing they do is swim a width.  Why can't I? who needs it for medical reasons.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

When I learnt to swim - about five years ago I used virgin active sunbury for lessons.. the pool was one depth all along it so wherever I was I only had to put my feet down and water wouldn't come above chest height.. their pool was half the size of the others in the area.

I think they are now Nuffield Health(?)

Might be worth downloading a free day pass from their website and having a look?

Thank you, I can swim I just need to build up muscles.  I will investigate

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by paul johnston.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service