Nice to see that we're approaching the year-end in the manner to which we who use the A308 Hampton Court Road have become accustomed: more Thames Water road works! And today, early afternoon, the traffic was just solid with the 3-way traffic lights at the water works junction.

Thank you Thames Water for continuing to make our lives miserable, for adding to London's pollution and refusing to undertake a once-and-for-all renewal of the 150+ years-old mains and sewers under this road.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Took my son an hour to get from West Molesey.  Were there any signs up prior to the works starting?  As we all know it's the main route to the M3 and at one of the busiest times of the year could they not have thought about this

According to the Traffic website I looked at, Live traffic and Travel news for Hampton area, the works were "emergency road works due to a burst water main". Amazing how they managed to set up traffic lights! It took over an hour to get along the A308 to Hampton from Hampton Court.

Janice, no warning signs that I know of or that I saw on Monday evening.

Nothing on LBRuT roadworks info about this, but alarmingly this is the message on the Thames Water website:

"Status : Temporarily Suspended

We've had to temporarily stop working on the leak on Upper Sunbury Road. We will return as soon as possible to complete the work and fix the leak."

Wot!!!!

Unfortunately this was an emergency major water leak.
Thames Water have now repaired the damaged pipe.

The workmen will be laying concrete today and the road should be fully open tomorrow, Friday evening (23rd December).

Suzette Nicholson
LBRUT Twitter account says works should finish this (Fri) evening.

https://twitter.com/lbrut/status/812281902434545664

Thank you for the info Cllr Nicholson. But how many times in the last couple of years have we hear from Thames Water that "this was an emergency repair" or words to that effect. It would be really positive if the Council would act on behalf of Hampton residents (and Molesey, Kingston etc, although they are of course not in the Borough) to make representation to TW and its owners (Macquarie Group and others) to invest in a once-and-for-all renewal of the pipes under the A308. With today's techniques for re-lining pipes from the inside this shouldn't be too disruptive but it would hopefully mean we don't continue to be plagued by "emergency repairs".

Have a lovely Xmas and let's hope for a better 2017, traffic-wise!

cllr.snicholson@richmond.gov.uk said:

Unfortunately this was an emergency major water leak.
Thames Water have now repaired the damaged pipe.

The workmen will be laying concrete today and the road should be fully open tomorrow, Friday evening (23rd December).

Suzette Nicholson
I live close to the roadworks and I've not seen anyone on site today.

It's now 16.40 and the restriction is still there and the site remains uncontaminated by Thames Water staff.

The usual shambles?.......

It would appear so, although I haven't been out.  I think that's what annoys (polite word)  people.  If an emergency get it done.  As I said earlier it's the busiest time for that road over the Christmas period trying to get to and from the M3.  TW Do something about it

Xmas Hole Latest.....

Three wise men bearing a small trailer, a ladder and gaffer tape have removed our road block (no really!).

That will make things so much easier for us all.

Merry Christmas to all HPN aficionados!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service