Warburtons today,"I can park here" - Even on the pavement?

Gareth following on from your TWEET

Apparently Warburtons driver says they can park here, Waitrose say they can't and they have had problems with them. Nevertheless the pavement and kerb stones having been repaired recently will probably need doing again soon if this continues.

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Technically the councils parking attendants can't issue a penalty charge notice as 1. It appears the wheels are on the kerb stones and 2. there isn't a loading restriction.

However, seeing as it forces vehicles to cross a solid double white line in order to pass, I would like to think that the Police could get involved.

Completely irresponsible behaviour by the delivery driver.

It's shocking that laziness can create such a potentially dangerous situation

Warburtons have replied via Twitter and am not in correspondence with them

Waitrose tell me they have been in touch with Warburtons a few times about their drivers and where they park, spoke to Warburtons who said this was the first they knew of the problem and they were sending messages to all their drivers! 
Gareth Roberts said:

It's shocking that laziness can create such a potentially dangerous situation

Warburtons have replied via Twitter and am not in correspondence with them

Hopefully they've now learned the error of their ways. Have received an email from the Driver Operations Team Manager* saying they will geofence the area where parking is unacceptable and will automatically email the management team should they park there again.

*email came through from Dave Roberts. Given this is the name of my father who died a couple of years ago it was something of a shock initially to see an email coming through from him!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service