There are reports across SW London of there being no water supply. Suggest following Thames Water's and the HPN Twitter feed for updates (as the Thames Water website is crashing under the load).

Recent update from Thames Water: "We've just started to receive multiple no water calls across all TW, KT and W postcodes. We're aware of a major burst at our Hampton Boosters and will get this repaired ASAP."

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not quite sure what Hampton Boosters is but on their page they say it's in The Avenue, can't flush a toilet or anything as I have a combi boiler

The same thing happened on 3rd June last year which was caused by a power surge, strange that it's happened in the same month

Lots of Thames Water men and large vehicles massing around Percy Rd/Hollybush Lane junction....

Water has been bubbling up for weeks on the crossroads.

Hope it comes on soon as the Doctor's surgery is considering closing or emergency cases only.

They have The Avenue down on their website but that's planned water works.  Had to go and buy water like so many others, couldn't take my pills managed to flush the loo with some as well lol

TW says if they can't fix it soon then bottled water will be given out.

I'll post this info if/when I hear it.

It will be ironic queuing up for plastic bottles of water in the rain that's forecast for this afternoon.

(If anyone knows of people that are housebound it would be nice to call on them....and see they're alright.)

Janice Merritt said:

They have The Avenue down on their website but that's planned water works.  Had to go and buy water like so many others, couldn't take my pills managed to flush the loo with some as well lol

I met a friend and we were talking about it and she said she flushed the toilet from her water butt, super idea, so I have filled up a watering can to do the same

Yes, just checked and our 55 gallon water butt is full from Monday's downpour. Should last us a while. Luckily we also have a cold water tank in the roof, so am boiling some water for drinking (it should be OK but I suspect the tank dates from the 70s) - so if it comes to bottled water being distributed we shouldn't need it. Hopefully the engineers can do their thing and get us back on before long, but it sounds like a big issue;; the outages have apparently spread as far as Ealing!

Latest post from TW.

[EMERGENCY UPDATE] have advised that their main regional pumping station at has gone down. Engineers are on site and supplies are expected to be restored by mid-day today

1.20 and cold water back, but pressure is so low I can't get hot water from combi boiler

the pressure is so low it's not reaching upstairs

Still nothing Broad Lane way.....

FYI from TW

If you are elderly, disabled, or have a baby who needs formula call:

0800 009 3652

Then press option 3 and then 3 again.

Very low pressure water here now too - TW have said they are redirecting flows from other areas to provide some water, while they're still fixing the issue at Hampton. It may not work for everyone (I don't think our tank in the loft is refilling as the pressure is too low, so we're unlikely to get hot water on tap back for a while) and I wouldn't trust it to not stop again or reduce in pressure further as more people try to use it or come home from work. Probably time to fill up those containers in case it does go off again! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service