8.15 I was going to the corner shop in Station Road and I passed the Worlds End, then a whole lot of girls all under 12 I would say, surrounded me asking for 50p I told them I didn't have a purse on me.  Asked where their parents were and they said in the pub.  They wouldn't let me move on, then a couple came along and did the same to them. When I said to 'the gang' where are your parents again they still said in the pub. I went to go into the pub to find out and a couple were coming out and said they were 'pikeys', I prefer gypsies, the girls were still doing it to all that came along the road.  I said I would call the police. Which I did once shocked and got home.  Well by the time I got through to the relevant people on 101 it was at least 5 mins.  I was getting fed up with hearing go to our website.  Not all people have internet.  Shocking for those of us that have to go up Station road.  I hope there is an end to it  Police said that they would investigate.  Too late they would have gone by then.  I am angry as you can tell, what is it coming to when I can't walk up the road, aged 71, and feel safe

Views: 677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Janice, I am sorry to hear about your experience, a group of girls can be very intimidating. Alas, our police are no longer interested in minor crime or for that matter burglary. When I was growing up in Hampton in the forties we had 30 beat police officers you dare not carry a friend on the cross bar of your bike as you were bound to meet a policeman. My late brother must be turning in his grave. He retired as the Chief Inspector at Hampton Traffic Garage. I have no idea how to tackle the lawlessness that is going on all around us. But, of one thing I am sure, reducing police numbers by 20,000 closing police stations and Magistrates Courts is not one of them. 

Hopefully, this was an isolated incident Janice and not a regular problem. But no doubt this is alarming and stressful for any person.

I believe there may be a couple of CCTV cameras in the area you've mentioned. 

I would recommend this to anyone who falls victim to this behaviour, please request the CCTV images/video from the shop or pub. If incriminating evidence is found, this can be easily transferred to the Police. It's much easier for the Police to act if you already have the evidence. We all appreciate how difficult it is to police the area with such high demands and very limited resources, so let's make it easier for the Police to act.

Once the persons have been identified, future behaviour of this kind (especially for young people) can be prevented by 'having a chat' in order to let them know that they are now 'known' to the Police and to the community (this is more challenging for transient persons). Young people seem to think that they will never get caught. But once identified it's only a matter of time before they are indeed caught and the world begins to crumble around them.

In many cases, young people realise that this behaviour is futile and that there are much less stressful and more constructive ways to earn money and to get what they want. Prevention, intervention, support and education is the way forward for the majority (but sadly not all).

Thank you for that.  I do know that the World's End has CCTV just in case there is trouble outside.  I was going into the pub that evening when a couple said they were gypsies. I felt angry then and probably braver, it's not a pub I would go into to find out.  Super idea though

Sadly your comment about the Police not being interested would appear to be true.

Yesterday there was a violent attempted robbery at the Hampton Cellar by the same two men as last time (30th August).

Despite the Manager calling 999 whilst the robbery was taking place no Police have shown up so far!

https://www.facebook.com/hamptoncellar/photos/pcb.322211715192967/3...

Bryan Alderson B.E.M. said:

Hello Janice, I am sorry to hear about your experience, a group of girls can be very intimidating. Alas, our police are no longer interested in minor crime or for that matter burglary. When I was growing up in Hampton in the forties we had 30 beat police officers you dare not carry a friend on the cross bar of your bike as you were bound to meet a policeman. My late brother must be turning in his grave. He retired as the Chief Inspector at Hampton Traffic Garage. I have no idea how to tackle the lawlessness that is going on all around us. But, of one thing I am sure, reducing police numbers by 20,000 closing police stations and Magistrates Courts is not one of them. 

I am happy to report that Hampton North Police did attend the Hampton Cellar yesterday.

The delay from Hampton Police was due to sickness.

Police have all the details and are taking this seriously.

Hopefully they can apprehend the two individuals before they do it again.

If anyone knows anything please forward the info to Hampton Cellar.

https://www.facebook.com/hamptoncellar/photos/pcb.329597217787750/3...

Well it seems the two same robbers came back on Sunday and robbed Everydays this time.

The Hampton Cellar was thankfully locked whilst the assistant was on a break.

I don't think this has been reported to the police yet.

There were a spate of burglaries a while ago in Hampton.  A few of my neighbours were targeted which prompted me to get a burlar alarm.  I think this area is really going 'down'.  I have lived here for 33 years and in the next couple of years I will move back home and will be quite glad to get away, to be honest.  Shame as it was nice at one time.  Maybe it's going the same way as the rest of London

Well it seems they had a go at robbing Waitrose of vodka yesterday, but were foiled.

Also, possibly unconnected, Asters Florist was targeted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service