Why are there flags along Station Road again?  Is it football?  As I don't follow I don't understand why, I never see them when we are playing the Fed Cup or Davis Cup, for those that follow tennis it's just as important as football

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope it's in rememberance of D-Day and I hope they stay up for a long time!

All sorts of reasons, Janice.

Ian's right, D-Day Commemorations are one of them. Women's football world cup, cricket world cup as well.

Oh good I understand about D-Day

I would have thought that if the flags were actually in support of D-Day they might have gone up slightly before the 6th June?
Ian Cook said:

Waiting for them to come in, Bob. They were slightly delayed. 

Fat Bob said:

I would have thought that if the flags were actually in support of D-Day they might have gone up slightly before the 6th June?
Ian Cook said:

Ignore the 'naysayers' in this thread.

This sort of initiative should be applauded!

Clearly they were not ever intended for D-Day.

I do however find the Ladies Football quite refreshing.

Think what you like Bob, but at 0800 [the morning after delivery was taken the night before] a group of us were out getting them up

And thank you Murdoch, nice to see there are people who appreciate the work done by the HVTA rather than carping from the sidelines

Fat Bob said:

Clearly they were not ever intended for D-Day.

I do however find the Ladies Football quite refreshing.

I love the flags. Whatever they are for. Well done HVTA as usual

So do I Jen.

I just feel let down by the opportunistic nature of some people that really should know better.

And as for the petty insults...well that's modern day politics I guess.........

jen said:

I love the flags. Whatever they are for. Well done HVTA as usual

All I did was ask a question, I wasn't against said flags, but as a tennis fan and not a football person I queried why not up on the tennis occasions. I am not against them at all, just wish sometimes it wasn't for football or any other world cup.  The Davis Cup is equally important to tennis fans.

I loved the idea they were up for D-Day, but like others they seem to miss getting up on time, and yes Gareth I do understand about the arrival.  I do appreciate that people give up their time to put them up, never been against it and love that the village comes alive, just sometimes can it be for something other than football.  I really don't like the insults, I stayed quiet until tonight and will do so from here on in

Wasn’t a comment directed to you Janice

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service