Plans are now in place to launch a new monthly market in Tangley Village Square ( by the "little" Sainsbury's and Shooting Star hospice / family centre etc)

We hope to create a vibrant Sunday market with foods, arts and crafts. I need to provide feedback from the community about our plans, so wanted to tell you all about it.

The market will be professionally run by a local events company and will be in the pedestrian area, so stalls will not affect parking or access for residents or shoppers to Sainsbury.

The aim is to be of benefit to the community, both in the regeneration project for Tangley and Hampton North and for the community as a whole. With this in mind we hope to provide an income for stall holders, improved shopping in the area ( improved footfall for sainsbury's too) and an attractive focal point for people to visit. But also a percentage of the all the profits will be given to LOCAL organisations and charities who need funds and wish to apply.

So tell me, my online friends....

Do you support the idea of a monthly market?

Would you be likely to visit and shop at the market?

What type of stalls would you like to see?

Is 10am-2pm a suitable time?

Would you like to participate in the market?

Would you support Bash ltd’s application to run the market where a percentage of profits will help raise funds for local community projects?

 

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sarah, I would definitely support a monthly market and would give it my whole hearted support, visiting and shopping there. I have two little girls, so would love to see stalls that would be of interest to them, crafts, cakes, anything glitzy! I think the time is suitable, people can go early, but then, those who like a lay in can go later. I am going to be training to do face painting after the school holidays, once I have done this, I would be willing to participate in the market. I would support the application.

Thank you!

SuziB said:

Hi Sarah, I would definitely support a monthly market and would give it my whole hearted support, visiting and shopping there. I have two little girls, so would love to see stalls that would be of interest to them, crafts, cakes, anything glitzy! I think the time is suitable, people can go early, but then, those who like a lay in can go later. I am going to be training to do face painting after the school holidays, once I have done this, I would be willing to participate in the market. I would support the application.
I live locally to tangley park square
And I think it would be a lovely idea, the councils idea for redoing  the area
Seems to have come to a standstill and it needs something to brighten it up. 
The shell of the old health centre looms sadly over the entire square and it saddens me to see it sitting there unloved .
Are there any plans whatsoever to do anything with the building? 

Thank you for your support.

As for the Old White House...The council are doing consultations, I think, but money is an issue and there's a covenant on the building too, which means it is restricted to community use and can't be sold off or misused! I have lots of ideas for it, it anyone listens to any of them!... small steps...what would you want to happen with the building? 

Tash said:

I live locally to tangley park square
And I think it would be a lovely idea, the councils idea for redoing  the area
Seems to have come to a standstill and it needs something to brighten it up. 
The shell of the old health centre looms sadly over the entire square and it saddens me to see it sitting there unloved .
Are there any plans whatsoever to do anything with the building? 
Hi sarah ... Ooh don't get me started!! As a parent of two under 6 I was affected by the closure of the centre and was overjoyed when the plans came out for the state of the art family centre that was going to be built.
I know we now have the ' mini' family centre in tangley now,, which is good.  And now my children are over two I don't really need to use it any more.But it really is a centre of the community around there and before it starts to decay further something should be done.
The elderly in north Hampton really need a centre and I think the building should be reopened to benefit them , I know a load of senior local residents that really struggle getting to Teddington for appointments etc, and I really think they are a bit neglected.
I have lived in nursery lands for 16 years and love the area 
, I know it's not as 'posh' as some other areas of Hampton . We could have moved many times but always decide to stay
Having the supermarket , chemist , kids centre, white houseetc on our doiorstep is so great, it's made us lazy!!!
If you ever need any back up with your ideas contact me, I'm the chairman of my daughters school PTA and like nothing more than a good negotiation 
Mail me if you want my contact info !!!

Lots of plans, lots of ideas, but the trick is to ensure someone influential actually listens to makes them happen...! There should be another "all-in-one" consultation coming up in the family centre soon. This will probably set out the council's plans. If they want to know what we residents need and hope for, we could start here!

Currently in the White House, for the older residents they have bowls, bridge, my cafe (!) table tennis, gentle exercise classes, choirs, art classes etc.

In the new Dean Road centre, they have chair exercises and bingo every Wednesday run by Age UK, with reduced price lunches if they pre-order. Great for those who are less mobile, wheelchair users or those have additional care needs.

 

Tash said:

Hi sarah ... Ooh don't get me started!! As a parent of two under 6 I was affected by the closure of the centre and was overjoyed when the plans came out for the state of the art family centre that was going to be built.
I know we now have the ' mini' family centre in tangley now,, which is good.  And now my children are over two I don't really need to use it any more.But it really is a centre of the community around there and before it starts to decay further something should be done.
The elderly in north Hampton really need a centre and I think the building should be reopened to benefit them , I know a load of senior local residents that really struggle getting to Teddington for appointments etc, and I really think they are a bit neglected.
I have lived in nursery lands for 16 years and love the area 
, I know it's not as 'posh' as some other areas of Hampton . We could have moved many times but always decide to stay
Having the supermarket , chemist , kids centre, white houseetc on our doiorstep is so great, it's made us lazy!!!
If you ever need any back up with your ideas contact me, I'm the chairman of my daughters school PTA and like nothing more than a good negotiation 
Mail me if you want my contact info !!!

Hi Sarah

 

Have you approached any of the Hampton North councillors for support on this one? It's something I'm sure they'd be keen to help out with overcoming obstacles.

 

Out of interest - the next All In One session at the Family Centre? Can't say I've heard anything but would be interested to know more.
 

G


Sarah Burley said:

Lots of plans, lots of ideas, but the trick is to ensure someone influential actually listens to makes them happen...! There should be another "all-in-one" consultation coming up in the family centre soon. This will probably set out the council's plans. If they want to know what we residents need and hope for, we could start here!

Currently in the White House, for the older residents they have bowls, bridge, my cafe (!) table tennis, gentle exercise classes, choirs, art classes etc.

In the new Dean Road centre, they have chair exercises and bingo every Wednesday run by Age UK, with reduced price lunches if they pre-order. Great for those who are less mobile, wheelchair users or those have additional care needs.

 

Tash said:

Hi sarah ... Ooh don't get me started!! As a parent of two under 6 I was affected by the closure of the centre and was overjoyed when the plans came out for the state of the art family centre that was going to be built.
I know we now have the ' mini' family centre in tangley now,, which is good.  And now my children are over two I don't really need to use it any more.But it really is a centre of the community around there and before it starts to decay further something should be done.
The elderly in north Hampton really need a centre and I think the building should be reopened to benefit them , I know a load of senior local residents that really struggle getting to Teddington for appointments etc, and I really think they are a bit neglected.
I have lived in nursery lands for 16 years and love the area 
, I know it's not as 'posh' as some other areas of Hampton . We could have moved many times but always decide to stay
Having the supermarket , chemist , kids centre, white houseetc on our doiorstep is so great, it's made us lazy!!!
If you ever need any back up with your ideas contact me, I'm the chairman of my daughters school PTA and like nothing more than a good negotiation 
Mail me if you want my contact info !!!

Maybe it's all just a rumour about the next all-in-one. Or blind hope! I have spoken to my councillor, to other market managers and have received wonderful support. Hope you will too. All obstacle-overcoming is most welcome! I hope my business can be beneficial to my area and we're filled with ideas, but I'm aware that we need to take one step at a time. My first aim is to integrate the Hamptons and provide a positive contribution to the up-lift program, thereby improving the place where I live and work.

Gareth Roberts said:

Hi Sarah

 

Have you approached any of the Hampton North councillors for support on this one? It's something I'm sure they'd be keen to help out with overcoming obstacles.

 

Out of interest - the next All In One session at the Family Centre? Can't say I've heard anything but would be interested to know more.
 

G


Sarah Burley said:

Lots of plans, lots of ideas, but the trick is to ensure someone influential actually listens to makes them happen...! There should be another "all-in-one" consultation coming up in the family centre soon. This will probably set out the council's plans. If they want to know what we residents need and hope for, we could start here!

Currently in the White House, for the older residents they have bowls, bridge, my cafe (!) table tennis, gentle exercise classes, choirs, art classes etc.

In the new Dean Road centre, they have chair exercises and bingo every Wednesday run by Age UK, with reduced price lunches if they pre-order. Great for those who are less mobile, wheelchair users or those have additional care needs.

 

Tash said:

Hi sarah ... Ooh don't get me started!! As a parent of two under 6 I was affected by the closure of the centre and was overjoyed when the plans came out for the state of the art family centre that was going to be built.
I know we now have the ' mini' family centre in tangley now,, which is good.  And now my children are over two I don't really need to use it any more.But it really is a centre of the community around there and before it starts to decay further something should be done.
The elderly in north Hampton really need a centre and I think the building should be reopened to benefit them , I know a load of senior local residents that really struggle getting to Teddington for appointments etc, and I really think they are a bit neglected.
I have lived in nursery lands for 16 years and love the area 
, I know it's not as 'posh' as some other areas of Hampton . We could have moved many times but always decide to stay
Having the supermarket , chemist , kids centre, white houseetc on our doiorstep is so great, it's made us lazy!!!
If you ever need any back up with your ideas contact me, I'm the chairman of my daughters school PTA and like nothing more than a good negotiation 
Mail me if you want my contact info !!!

This is great news. I have recently started a small cupcake business from my home in Hampton (pat-a-cake parties) and this is definately the kind of market I would love to participte in. Anything that supports the local community must be a great idea. Fingers crossed this gets the go ahead, and count me in for a regular stall.

Our surveys are going out this week. If you like the market idea can you "like" the comment stream here? it will help me gauge the support/opposition. If you oppose the ideas, you can comment too!...Please let us know your thoughts.

it's a 'Like' from me. Anything I can do to help cllr.groberts@richmond.gov.uk

Sarah Burley said:

Our surveys are going out this week. If you like the market idea can you "like" the comment stream here? it will help me gauge the support/opposition. If you oppose the ideas, you can comment too!...Please let us know your thoughts.

Following lots of support from local people who filled our surveys in Tangley Square today, I am adding my survey forms and statement of intent for people to see and comment upon.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service