Yes, probably time for another meet-up! We have an exciting changing cast but are definitely very open to newcomers or returners!! I am never quite sure whether to play the dictator and just pick a date that suits me or ask for suggestions, but I do usually prefer to avoid dictatorship :-) So if we are looking for a mid-week date in mid-May, then my suggestions would be:

Tuesday May 15 or Wednesday May 16 or Thursday May 17

And as usual I would suggest that we make it from 20.00 in the Bell, Hampton. Please indicate which day would suit you best or suggest a different date (or venue) if that would suit you better. 

Views: 486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tuesday or Thursday please Paul!

Any of those dates is fine for me.

Ok. Let's go for Tuesday May 15. I like the Bell, but one of the survey responses (for more on the survey see here) suggested that we should perhaps rotate where we have the meet-ups since the Bell may be a bit far to go for some people. Shall we go for the Railway Bell this time for a bit of a change and to encourage new people to come? Or does anyone want to suggest another venue?

How about Cheese and Wine Company, as they are our sponsor too! :)    ....or another 'hiding place'? :)))

yes. that sounds like a nice idea. Let me ask Steve. Obviously welcome views from other people especially people who have never come along before but are interested in doing so next week. 

I don`t mind either place.  I`d like to see the Railway Bell though.  i`ve never been in there.

Everyone is more than welcome to meet at The Cheese and Wine Company next week if that's what people want. We have launched a new menu of 'Tastes' - a selection of nibbles, snacks and larger dishes costing from £1 to £8. If you do decide to come here for the HPN Meet Up, we will give you a complementary glass of wine on arrival as a welcome.

That's tempting, Steve ;)

Ok. lets go for the Cheese and Wine Company. I have been longing to go there for some time and I am sure it will be fun. I will add an event and suggest we make it 20.00 as usual. Hope that suits everyone! And of course absolutely everyone is welcome!

Thank you Steve 
Your Venue is wonderful and you made me feel very 
Welcome on arrival .
See you soon 
Patricia

Steve Parker said:

Everyone is more than welcome to meet at The Cheese and Wine Company next week if that's what people want. We have launched a new menu of 'Tastes' - a selection of nibbles, snacks and larger dishes costing from £1 to £8. If you do decide to come here for the HPN Meet Up, we will give you a complementary glass of wine on arrival as a welcome.

Yes. Many thanks Steve - you did indeed give us a great welcome (not to mention a free first drink!). It was nice to see and meet some new faces ... and some old ones :-)

What a wonderful evening it was. Thanks to everybody who came and thanks to Paul who keeps organizing these great events! There are always some new, interesting people coming and it's so good to get together. Thanks again!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service