I have just passed the playground on Hampton Green and am appalled at the state of it this morning. As I was approaching the park it looked like the foxes had been at the bins but it would seem someone has tried to light a fire on and around the picnic table. What sort of moron does this? There are take away food packets strewn around the green and empty drinks bottles and plastic cups (how civilized??!!!)

I will be contacting the Community police. What do you think about asking the council to provide some low lighting? Would this encourage night time activity or discourage activity as these inconsiderate people can be seen?

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Debi

"What do you think about asking the council to provide some low lighting? Would this encourage night time activity or discourage activity as these inconsiderate people can be seen?"

Simply, it can't make it any worse can it

. Its the local hang out spot for teenagers who are too young to go to pubs, but too old to sit and watch tv with mum and dad. Lighting the area will either maintain the status quo or make them feel exposed and so they move on to somewhere else.

So nothing to lose (apart from the obvious expense).

Its a worry that this happens every Friday and Saturday as it means Saturday and Sunday mornings (when its heavily used by toddlers) the playground is a minefeild of broken glass and beer cans.

Can the Police not move them on? Do they have the power?

M

Lights or a CCTV camera with sight lines across the green? I wonder whether the police CCTV van that was parked at the junction of Buckingham Road and Hampton Lane for some weeks (I assume to catch folk speeding through the roadworks that have now moved) could occasionally be re-tasked (Friday and Saturday evenings?) to sit somewhere around the Green to catch or deter this sort of thing. 

Clearly the local SNT are the first stop.

Hello

I've taken this up with our local Police Safer Neighbourhood Team and they have agreed to increase the patrols around that area of Hampton. I also raised your suggestion, Clive, about getting the CCTV van down there and Sgt Henson has agreed to make enquiries to see if that would be possible.

Thanks Gareth, I had a reply from my email to the SNT.

Subject: RE: Hampton Green 16/4/11

Dear Debi

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are aware of the emerging Gander Green anti-social behaviour and have increased our patrols there on Fri/Sat nights. As the weather improves, the ASB in all open spaces/parks increases. There was a call from a passer-by on Friday about the fire and the response team did attend, however the passer-by could not identify the prepetrator.

Richmond Council are the best people to speak to about lighting the playground, but with the money cuts and the surrounding houses I'm not sure how far that can go.

I know you do not overlook the green, but if you do see a crime happening, of course please dial 999 as our SNT are not on 24 hours. If we are on duty we will respond also.

Kind regards

Imran Malik 7214TW
Hampton Safer Neighbourhood Team
27 Tangley Park Road
Hampton
TW12 3YH

Tel: 020 7161 9154/5/6/7 (not 24 hours)
Team Mobile: 07879 430 704 (not 24 hours)
E-mail: Imran.Malik2@met.police.uk

24 hour Non-Emergency / Crime Reporting Line: 0300 123 1212

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service