Not more water works on Hampton Court Road, one way working under traffic light control. This morning traffic backed up all ways - to Sunbury Cross, Thames Ditton, along High St... when will this ever stop!!

Views: 2098

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well what does one expect after all it's half term and they think nobody goes anywhere.  People are cutting off at Plevna and cutting through my road to get to Station Road, my road isn't up to it.  I did see a load of yellow signs along from High Street to HC, but couldn't read what they said, even as a passenger and the driver slowed down. From a bus I couldn't either.  Have we more to come?  Can someone tell me what they said

And it's taking my wife about 90 minutes to get home from Walton!

Janice, the yellow notices announce that LBRuT will be resurfacing the road, starting on Sunday Oct 30th, so it will be closed between Hampton Court and Church Street between 8.00 pm and 5.00 am. At least they have the sense to do it at night and they give decent notice. But how do they resurface if there's a bleeding great Thames Water hole in the road?!?

An hour and a half from Thames Ditton to Hampton Court bridge. Surely if these works are an "Emergency" why isn't anybody working on them. Causing absolute chaos and wasting mine and everyone else's time again! Really needs to be sorted out once and for all.

Thank you Ian.  They start on the 30th when do they end please?

Ian Lancaster said:

Janice, the yellow notices announce that LBRuT will be resurfacing the road, starting on Sunday Oct 30th, so it will be closed between Hampton Court and Church Street between 8.00 pm and 5.00 am. At least they have the sense to do it at night and they give decent notice. But how do they resurface if there's a bleeding great Thames Water hole in the road?!?

Creeping past the yellow notice with its ridiculously small type, it says that the resurfacing will be Sunday to Thursday nights, first 2 weeks of Nov.

I wasn't sure, but there was a useful tweet in the twitter feed with this link:

https://t.co/AaQlWL8S4g 

Janice Merritt said:

Thank you Ian.  They start on the 30th when do they end please?

Ian Lancaster said:

The Richmond tweet says October 30th until 3rd November

Yes, but the notice delivered to us and the yellow signs say same again the following week - Nov 6-10.

Thank you.  You were lucky getting a notice shame they don't deliver more

So the road between Hampton Court and Church Street will be resurfaced commencing Oct 30th.

Nice enough, but what's the betting Thames Water within 2-3 months dig it all up again. Absolute shambles.

Ian Lancaster said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service