I need to get to Esher from Hampton ( Hanworth Rd ) on July 31st, the day of the cycle race with all the road closures. Can anyone advise me how to do it and which routes will be passable and not log-jammed between 11am and 1pm. I don't want to be late for my client by getting stuck.

I'm all for good sports events but aggghhhhhh..!! It's difficult if you need to work.

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Prudential Ride London website has all the information relating to the race, incl. routes, closures, etc.

In terms of bridge closures, this is from the Event Information for Surrey:

• Kingston Bridge westbound will be closed between 05:00 and 19:30. Kingston Bridge eastbound will be closed between 05:00 and 15:00.
  • Hampton Court Bridge will re-open from Hampton Court Way after 11:45, but will be limited to local access as the Scilly Isles remains shut to through traffic until 19:00.
  • Walton Bridge will re-open in both directions from 11:45. A rolling closure between 13:45-14:30 will permit the professional race to pass safely.

You should also check route maps and closures at your Esher destination, as that area is indirectly affected too.

Alternatively, travel by train. Hope this helps.

HMMM.. sadly bringing gazeboes, tables, sacks of charcoal barbecues on the train is tricky. By the look of the website, I should be able to go around the M25 and in on the A3.

Does anyone know what the traffic levels were like last time around?

Without seeming to be obvious, why don't you take everything the day before? Then you only have to worry about getting yourself there... you could also check the opening times for Walton Bridge as it is a Rolling Road.

Sarah Burley said:

HMMM.. sadly bringing gazeboes, tables, sacks of charcoal barbecues on the train is tricky. By the look of the website, I should be able to go around the M25 and in on the A3.

Does anyone know what the traffic levels were like last time around?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Matt D.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service